Tyler Gabbert quits MethU

Wow... if the Gabbert parents don't take a look at themselves and look to see if the things that have unfolded with both of their children are indicative of something, then they're terribly naive.

Not sure where your going with this. Are you saying that parents that were able to get full ride scholarship and one son drafted in the first round have somehow failed as parents because one of the kids is now going transfer because he doesnt want to sit on the bench?

Wow... if the Gabbert parents don't take a look at themselves and look to see if the things that have unfolded with both of their children are indicative of something, then they're terribly naive.

Not sure where your going with this. Are you saying that parents that were able to get full ride scholarship and one son drafted in the first round have somehow failed as parents because one of the kids is now going transfer because he doesnt want to sit on the bench?

Or maybe he means that even though both kids were born with tons of God-given raw talent neither one is good at keeping his word or sticking with something through to the end.

Or maybe he means that even though both kids were born with tons of God-given raw talent neither one is good at keeping his word or sticking with something through to the end.

I dunno man. If Blaine had initially committed to Misery and then decommitted to come here I have a hard time believing we'd be decrying his lack of integrity.

• Fire 2

I dunno man. If Blaine had initially committed to Misery and then decommitted to come here I have a hard time believing we'd be decrying his lack of integrity.

You’re prolly right. Because in that case not keeping his word or seeing something through to the end would have worked to our advantage. But then Mizzou fans would be bad mouthing him.

Actually, I got nothing against Blaine. He bailed out when Callahan got fired which is understandable. The little brother is a different story. I suspect he committed to NU knowing he would later bail out, for the attention.

You’re prolly right. Because in that case not keeping his word or seeing something through to the end would have worked to our advantage. But then Mizzou fans would be bad mouthing him.

Actually, I got nothing against Blaine. He bailed out when Callahan got fired which is understandable. The little brother is a different story. I suspect he committed to NU knowing he would later bail out, for the attention.

Yeah, I completely agree with that. The situation with Blaine was a lot easier to accept, probably primarily due to the reason you cited with the personnel turn over and everything.

The deal with Tyler struck a more discordant tone, didn't it? Kinda like he never ever intended on going here, whereas I thought Blaine had genuine interest in NU. It did feel like Tyler was just kinda sticking it to us, and that is kind of a douchebag maneuver tbh.

I guess I want to cut these kids some slack because I made SO many bad decisions throughout my 20's. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gabbert leaving Louisville after a week, Shawn Watson on suicide watch now.

Rumor is he asked to go back to MU and was denied, classic Gabbert family right there.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2011/7/8/2266758/the-plot-thickens-former-missouri-qb-tyler-gabbert-not-headed-to

Obviously Tyler wasn't gonna be able t handle being Teddy Bridgewater's BIATCH. Truth hurts, and he ain't as gifted as big bro