Heard and Marrow

Just glad to hear Braylon made it and is staying in shape. I think he will have the biggest impact of the 3, again, assuming he's in football shape.

i will have to agree with you here, i think it will be an advantage for heard that he set out a year, in terms of maturity. he will be a year older and his body will be a year more mature. but idk it might be a disadvantage in that he will have to get back in the flow of playing football and practicing everyday

Honestly I think Green will be our No. 2. He's faster and we can utilize his elusiveness in more than one area on the field. I could see him being put in the slot on occasion, catching screens and running a lot of plays as a pitch back on option plays. While I was very excited to get Heard, I was even more exhilarated to get Green. He's gonna be very good.

Seriously, though, from what we've been told about this guy, he could be an instant-impact player. The biggest worry with him isn't that he's an incoming Freshman, it's whether or not he's been able to stay in playing shape through his academic issues this past year. If he hasn't been keeping up on conditioning he could find himself benched with an injury before he ever sets foot on the field.

We could certainly use him, so here's hoping he's in shape and all that he's hyped to be.

• Fire 1

Excellent news on Braylon Heard. I am excited about these guys, but the thought of 2 true freshmen backing up "I wanna Rex you up" Burkhead scares the hell out of me.

Hope the offensive line comes together this year..

You said a mouthful here. It wont matter who is back there if we can't open consistent holes.

Honestly I think Green will be our No. 2. He's faster and we can utilize his elusiveness in more than one area on the field. I could see him being put in the slot on occasion, catching screens and running a lot of plays as a pitch back on option plays. While I was very excited to get Heard, I was even more exhilarated to get Green. He's gonna be very good.

Are we sure that Green is faster? Actually... I thought it was the other way around. Anyway, no one really knows and track speed is not the real issue. Both are fast, to be sure.

The way I look at it is this... between Heard, Abdullah and Green... you would have to think that at least one of them will be excellent (if not more). So the likelihood that Rex has a really good backup is very high... we have 3 contenders all with promise... someone will come through. And really... to us as fans which one shines really does not matter so long as we have a great guy out there --- what his name is matters not.