3 Game Series vs BYU???

I think scheduling neutral site games in Dallas can help keep ties with the state of Texas for recruiting.

How does hosting a game in Dallas help with recruiting? This isnt a bowl game where they have parades and crap.... no one in texas that isnt a NU or BYU fan will care.

I think scheduling neutral site games in Dallas can help keep ties with the state of Texas for recruiting.

How does hosting a game in Dallas help with recruiting? This isnt a bowl game where they have parades and crap.... no one in texas that isnt a NU or BYU fan will care.

The OP is talking about exposure to high school prospects in Texas, as well as allowing current Husker Texans to play in front of family and friends.

Denver would be the best option oviously for a "neutral" sight other than the moon of course.

David Moore said:

I don’t see BYU joining any league until the Big-12 decides contraction to ten doesn’t work. TCU joined the Big-East readily since they knew or had some obvious inside intelligence that the Big-12 would NEVER take them. While Commissioner Dan Beebe says the door is closed right now, rumors abound that it is BYU and a TBD school (anyone but TCU, Houston, Memphis or Tulsa) with Arkansas or Louisville being the targeted institutions for future Big-12 expansion. Also rumors of a possible Nebraska return to the Big-12 have heated up since they were recently expelled from the academically prestigious AAU.

Really? What a moron..NU returning to the Big 12 because of the AAU, hilarious!

David Moore said:

I don’t see BYU joining any league until the Big-12 decides contraction to ten doesn’t work. TCU joined the Big-East readily since they knew or had some obvious inside intelligence that the Big-12 would NEVER take them. While Commissioner Dan Beebe says the door is closed right now, rumors abound that it is BYU and a TBD school (anyone but TCU, Houston, Memphis or Tulsa) with Arkansas or Louisville being the targeted institutions for future Big-12 expansion. Also rumors of a possible Nebraska return to the Big-12 have heated up since they were recently expelled from the academically prestigious AAU.

Really? What a moron..NU returning to the Big 12 because of the AAU, hilarious!

Jack meet Ass

Please be true. Being surrounded by byu fans this is a dream come true for me. byu and ute fans annoy me so bad always thinkin they have such great teams. I would sell my wife to get front row tickets to watch my huskers destroy byu in Provo

I know a guy that could get you those front row tickets and might be interested in your proposition...

Wow a neutral site game? Huh.

my thoughts i wonder where this neutral site would be?

If the Vikings get a new stadium by the time the proposed game rolls around, the Twin Cities could be a viable option. Arizona Cardinal's stadium perhaps? Seattle? Just throwing some ideas out there. I really don't want to give Dallas another game. Chicago, Indianapolis, or even Green Bay could be options as well.

Please be true. Being surrounded by byu fans this is a dream come true for me. byu and ute fans annoy me so bad always thinkin they have such great teams. I would sell my wife to get front row tickets to watch my huskers destroy byu in Provo

I know a guy that could get you those front row tickets and might be interested in your proposition...

is that the same guy in your avatar?

They tried to get this done with Stevie P but he wouldn't sign off on this game. TO learned about it not quite a year ago from a BYU alum. He wanted to get it done.

Right now they are in negotiation for Denver and the use of the Bronco's field. If that falls through San Antonio or KC are next on the list but don't rule out Jerry's world if they can't make it work in Denver. But right now Dallas is 4th on the list.

the mods have warned me once to keep my hate on the subject quite low so...if we offer up a neutral site game with them there deserves to be some gallows being built. seriously the only thing we should be doing with byu is using them as a public urinal.

BYU's claim to fame is they won the biggest fluke of a national title of all time almost 3 decades ago. I really don't see how they deserve playing a neutral site game with NU. A home and home is pushing it.

I think it has a lot to do with the price of scheduling these non-con games. They are getting more and more expensive every year, especially for a one-time deal at our stadium. I was shocked when I learned we were actually going to Wyoming for a non-con away game, but it helped diffuse the cost of scheduling the Cowboys. There is a good chance we'll see more and more of this kind of stuff.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea. BYU is a decent oppenent, and the neutral site thing may add a touch of additional outside interest in the game. The only thing that I'm down on regarding this match-up is the fact that BYU went independent with the blessing/support of the Kingmakers at the "Leader." I'm not sure what made the Cougars think they qualify for that kind of special distinction.

Like someone said, you play the game in Dallas or some where in Texas, if you can. Need to keep recruiting that state, and the game would only help that. Plus the kids we have on the team would probably, like to be able to play in front of friends and family. BYU would a good opponent most years, for anybody.

GBR!!!