Nebraska Football Preview with Game Predictions

Hey all - the same author that wrote the Husker Du article for us just contributed his 2011 Nebraska Spring Football Report. It's a good, thorough read that brings out his trademark quirky humor and personality.

Also includes game-by-game predictions for the upcoming season. Check it out!

Nebraska Spring Football Report

Might want to revisit the OSU predictions. Also, no way Northwestern scores that many against us, unless we have a collapse. Their spread is what the Pelini D has killed the last 2 years.

Fun reading, and there is some good stuff here ... but how can one make game-day predictions when we don't know how good our offense will be? We also don't know how good our newcomers will be and how far our offense develops. What about injuries ... not just us, but our opponents? We don't know how good Michigan will be ... maybe better than what some are thinking -- who knows? It's a waste of time reading ... no disrespect.

NW honestly scares the crap out of me. If I pick a game to be upset, its that one. Persa is so underrated its ridiculous. Would not be surprised to see our secondary have a wale up call in that game.

Underrated? I've heard and seen his name in heisman darkhorse talk. Thats not underrated.

NW honestly scares the crap out of me. If I pick a game to be upset, its that one. Persa is so underrated its ridiculous. Would not be surprised to see our secondary have a wale up call in that game.

Underrated? I've heard and seen his name in heisman darkhorse talk. Thats not underrated.

The Dude is killing your argument.

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

• Fire 1

MU had one good run off of a toss to the outside that we weren't expecting, and it went for a touchdown. Then they got stuffed on two consecutive plays at the goal line. Missouri's run game is definitely nothing to brag about, as you said. But the only reason Missouri was kept in that game was because Nebraska's offense, like we saw many times after that game, sputtered. Can't expect a defense to hold Missouri to only a few points.

NW's quarterback doesn't worry me at all. When I see a great quarterback we're about to face, all I do is think about the quarterbacks he will join on Nebraska's Quarterback Hall of Shame. Not saying he's not a good player, however. He'll have plenty of good games next year, but it won't be against Nebraska more than likely therefore I don't think they win.

Mizzou had a better running game than Northwestern in almost every statistic. The reason they couldn't run against us was because of the Blackshirts.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

Not my point, I am not saying you have alot to worry about with them, just saying, they are a little more balanced then some of the teams mentioned. I am just saying every D's goal is to make a team 1 dimensional, with Missery it was much easier than with Northwestern.