Nebraska Football Preview with Game Predictions

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

Not my point, I am not saying you have alot to worry about with them, just saying, they are a little more balanced then some of the teams mentioned. I am just saying every D's goal is to make a team 1 dimensional, with Missery it was much easier than with Northwestern.

Facts show otherwise. Mizzou had higher YPC, more total rushing yards, more rushing TD's, and played the same amount of games.

Fact is NW plays in a defensive minded league, Mizzou does not.

No, NW plays in a league where most teams don't play a spread offense. If 10/12 teams played a spread (like the big 12) then the Big 10 D numbers would sky-rocket. It's a simple matter of fact that the spread teams are gonna get more yards, and score more points. That's why half the country has switched to a spread type offense. If NW had been in the Big 12, they'd be at the bottom, because the league deals with the spread weekly.

That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. I am not saying you are, just what you wrote is.

No, NW plays in a league where most teams don't play a spread offense. If 10/12 teams played a spread (like the big 12) then the Big 10 D numbers would sky-rocket. It's a simple matter of fact that the spread teams are gonna get more yards, and score more points. That's why half the country has switched to a spread type offense. If NW had been in the Big 12, they'd be at the bottom, because the league deals with the spread weekly.

That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. I am not saying you are, just what you wrote is.

Why is it dumb to think that teams who see the Spread weekly would be better at defending it?

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

Not my point, I am not saying you have alot to worry about with them, just saying, they are a little more balanced then some of the teams mentioned. I am just saying every D's goal is to make a team 1 dimensional, with Missery it was much easier than with Northwestern.

Facts show otherwise. Mizzou had higher YPC, more total rushing yards, more rushing TD's, and played the same amount of games.

You obviously know more about defending the spread than any of us.

"I disagree with that opinion, so it is the epitome of stupidity!"

That seems like a dumb perception. Not saying you are. Just your perception of that statement made by saunders.

Persa did have like 500 passing yards against Auburn in 2010 Outback bowl. NW should have won that game except for a cheap shot that injured NW's kicker and NW had to go for a fake in OT.

NW is still NW and is an average at best team. Nebraska should not have any problems with NW.

NW is still NW and is an average at best team. Nebraska should not have any problems with NW.

This is all in a nut shell. Who cares what they do on offense or defense? Their coaching is inferior and we have better talent at most positions across the board. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we win.

I will say this - even though the Big 12 is full of spread teams, you guys should look at average yards per game and points per game between Big 12 and Big 10 teams for 2010. The Big 10 actually had just as many teams in the Top 25. Not saying that's the case every year, but it applied last year.

So..... what you're saying.... is that teams who have more experience playing spread offenses and play them 10 times a year, are going to have no advantage over teams who only play them 1 or 2 times.

That has got to be the dumbest thing have ever read.

So..... what you're saying.... is that teams who have more experience playing spread offenses and play them 10 times a year, are going to have no advantage over teams who only play them 1 or 2 times.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Um.... what?

Why is it dumb to think that teams who see the Spread weekly would be better at defending it?

Spread teams get more yards? Score more points? Somebody better call Wiskey and tell them that last year was a fluke and their game just doesnt work, how dare they put up those types of numbers being a running team and all.

Spread teams get more yards? Score more points? Somebody better call Wiskey and tell them that last year was a fluke and their game just doesnt work, how dare they put up those types of numbers being a running team and all.

You mean like the did against Arizona State, San Jose State and TCU? Or are you trying to say that the fact that Wisconsin averaged way more points in conference play shows that the Big 10 defenses are overrated against good offenses?

This is pointless, because it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. The reason so many teams switched to a spread type of offense, is that it's an equalizer. It allows teams with less talent to get their few playmakers in space, and let them move the ball.

Washington and Oklahoma beat us last year.

You mean like the did against Arizona State, San Jose State and TCU? Or are you trying to say that the fact that Wisconsin averaged way more points in conference play shows that the Big 10 defenses are overrated against good offenses?

This is pointless, because it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. The reason so many teams switched to a spread type of offense, is that it's an equalizer. It allows teams with less talent to get their few playmakers in space, and let them move the ball.

So teams who run the spread have less talent? Well by that logic you would have to assume the conf with the least amount of spread teams has the most talent. I am sorry but I am not going to argue this with you, I would rather go bang my head on the wall.

So teams who run the spread have less talent? Well by that logic you would have to assume the conf with the least amount of spread teams has the most talent. I am sorry but I am not going to argue this with you, I would rather go bang my head on the wall.

Sweet Jesus. Can you read? I didn't say that. It allows teams with lesser talent to move the ball and score more, versus them running a traditional pro style. That doesn't mean all teams that run a spread have less talent.

I'm glad you're done arguing, because it's obvious you're wrong and don't understand, and you're just throwing sh#t out there to muck up the argument. The fact is, NW is an average team and the bit of success they have had was due to the Big 10's unfamiliarity with spread offenses. In the Big 12 they'd be at the bottom. Either way, they are the type of offense we have destroyed the last 2 years.