DT Carlos Watkins [Clemson Commit]

Player: Carlos Watkins

Hometown: Forest City, NC

School: Chase

Position: DT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 275

40 time:

Scholarships: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia Tech, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, Wake Forest

Committed to Clemson

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Highlights

• 2 months later...

It really seems like Clemson almost gets their pick of players.

I was a Dabo fan and think that he is doing the best he can and that he LOVES his position. I don't think he will get it done there but man, if they get a guy in there that has "it", they will kill some teams. That place has the potential to be a top 10 destination job.

Give me Vincent Valentine and this kid and I will be a happy camper for a long time. I think he ends up at Clemson, they have lead for awhile, but with JP going after him and Bullard full bore you never know. The fact that these kinds of players are giving nebraska a serious look speaks volumes to JP, and our efforts on the trail this year.

Give me Vincent Valentine and this kid and I will be a happy camper for a long time. I think he ends up at Clemson, they have lead for awhile, but with JP going after him and Bullard full bore you never know. The fact that these kinds of players are giving nebraska a serious look speaks volumes to JP, and our efforts on the trail this year.

I hear ya brotha. We get sounding like a broken record about JP, but it is so true. Sadly I think NU ends up with the Miss Congeniality award once again. Bullard to Cocky and Watkins to Team Dabo. But you never know what a great fall afternoon/evening can do to these kids decision process, even a bigger plus if ma and pa can join em.

• 1 month later...

It is a Clemson/UF battle, with Nebraska fighting uphill (big time). But you never know what can happen at a night game in Memorial Stadium.

Uphill - if that hill were the equivalent of Everest, then yes it's an uphill battle. :) Just a few days ago his final 4 did not include Nebraska, and now he is willing to visit. Makes little sense why he has a sudden interest in visiting.

He is visiting because JP is a badass.

Or because it's a free trip..

I'm leaning more toward this reason. Word is dude has had a Clemson 'representative' courting him since his early HS days. Also, abiet a little off OT, I failed to realized that Bullard went to the same HS that produced Florida's own Brandon Spikes.