top ten plays in memorial stadium

i think there might be two from the 1978 oklahoma game. one is kickoff return in the 4th quarter where ruud blows up kelly phelps on a kickoff return. you can almost see his soul fly out of his body. the other was with about 3 minutes left in the game and billy sims made a great run down to about the three yard line and then gets smacked by clete pillen, fumbles, we recover, and go on to win the game. below is the youtube link for the ruud hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByDA7TmQ_w

Oh man. We had a punt return in 1995 against Kansas State, where a Nebraska player decleated a Kansas state player and we took the punt return back for a touchdown. Whether that is Top 10 all time I don't know, but it definitely sticks out in my head.

More like decapitated.

yeah - i think someone linked to video of this one in the Eric Martin thread after the Oklahoma State game. It might not be a good "play" to have featured on B1G Network. :)

1982 - Scott Strasburger interception to end OU's final drive and sealed the victory for NU 28-24. See video below @ 0:50 mark. The crowd rushed the field before time expired and the refs penalized NU 15 yds. Our QB took a knee on the final play to run out the clock and the rest is history.

Definitely the Rozier run in '83 against UCLA. That was the first Husker game I ever went to as a kid and I was sitting in that end-zone. Didn't care that much about football before then, but that was quite a sight and I was hooked.

I would also suggest Billy Sims' fumble at the 5-yard line with time running down in the '78 Oklahoma-Nebraska game. It was Osborne's first win against OU, and they were ranked #1 at the time. There's a recap here:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5429821

Mike Rozier's 100 yard run that went 5 yard for the TD against UCLA

:29 mark

Edit: aspeedlin beat me to it. Damn you lol

lol I think I beat you by one second jsneb. chuckleshuffle

Yeah I was trying to find a video of the play, that's why you beat me. Jerk :LOLtartar

I just realized that alot of our greatest plays happened either on the road or in bowl games:

Rodgers punt return in the Game of the Century @ OU

The fumblerooskie in the 1984 Orange Bowl

Frazier's run against Florida in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl

The flea kicker in 1997 @ Mizzou

Eric Crouch's run in 1999 @ Iowa

The catch by Purify in 2006 @ A&M

I might have forgotten a few. Those were just off the top of my head.

Oh man. We had a punt return in 1995 against Kansas State, where a Nebraska player hit a KSU player hard enough to remove the KSU player's helmet, the KSU player fell to the turf and we took the punt return back for a touchdown. Whether that is Top 10 all time I don't know, but it definitely sticks out in my head.

can you tell me any more about this play, ;like any plays that were involved to help me identify it

Here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_PkvYHvi5M

• Fire 1

Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against Notre Dame in 1922 (sorry, no video).

This was the first time the Four Horsemen lost a game. College Football's most legendary foursome only lost two games in their entire careers.

The second was also to Nebraska, at South Bend the following year.

• Fire 1

Oh man. We had a punt return in 1995 against Kansas State, where a Nebraska player hit a KSU player hard enough to remove the KSU player's helmet, the KSU player fell to the turf and we took the punt return back for a touchdown. Whether that is Top 10 all time I don't know, but it definitely sticks out in my head.

can you tell me any more about this play, ;like any plays that were involved to help me identify it

Go to the 3:50 mark in this video.