top ten plays in memorial stadium

Harold Hartley's 60-yard TD catch against Notre Dame in 1922 (sorry, no video).

This was the first time the Four Horsemen lost a game. College Football's most legendary foursome only lost two games in their entire careers.

The second was also to Nebraska, at South Bend the following year.

I always had a feeling you were a dinosaur

Knapp was AT that game

I just realized that alot of our greatest plays happened either on the road or in bowl games:

Rodgers punt return in the Game of the Century @ OU

The fumblerooskie in the 1984 Orange Bowl

Frazier's run against Florida in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl

The flea kicker in 1997 @ Mizzou

Eric Crouch's run in 1999 @ Iowa

The catch by Purify in 2006 @ A&M

I might have forgotten a few. Those were just off the top of my head.

Crouch's 95 yard run turning a Safety into TD against Missouri in 2001

The "Bummeroosky" in 1975, also in Missouri

"Phil's Thrill" against Missouri in 1971

Tagge's sneak against LSU in the '71 Orange Bowl

Corey Schlesinger's second touchdown in the '95 Orange Bowl

The end of the game against Michigan in the '05 Alamo Bowl

Going for the W in the 1984 Orange Bowl

And many more road/bowl legends.

It really does seem that historically Nebraska just beats teams down at home but makes history on the road.

These are all great suggestions, some I had to look up to remember.

IMHO it would be a travisty to not showcase at least one play of Suh's. He's done so much recently for the program and the university not to have just one of the highlights included.

Suh's pick and TD while bowling over young Mr. Hawkins in 2008 would be Suh's most memorable play of any duration at Memorial Stadium.

There are literally hundreds of outstanding plays by the Blackshirts over the years. The problem with including them is, they are typically lightning quick - a bull rush for a sack, a key INT, a huge stop. Offensive "big plays" tend to go for big yardage, and make longer, better highlights. Most defensive gems last three-five seconds. Prince's INT/return vs. Oklahoma in 2008 is an exception, which is why I mentioned it earlier.

Maybe a good defensive series, involving three plays, would be the goal-line stand last year against Missouri. The defensive gem the Blackshirts put up in that game has been overshadowed - understandably - by Helu's record-breaking rushing game. But there were several key plays by the Blackshirts that stuffed the Tigers, notably the Blackshirts' stop of Blaine Gabbert on third and goal from the one, which effectively ended any chance of a Mizzou comeback.

At 2:30 in this vid:

A dreary rainy day in the early '60s. Huskers come out of the locker room after pre-game warm ups. As Bob Devaney walks out on to the field, the clouds part and Memorial Stadium is bathed in sun shine.

A sign of 50 (minus 6) years of football excellence.

This was the first time the Four Horsemen lost a game. College Football's most legendary foursome only lost two games in their entire careers.

Knapp was AT that game

Is there even video of that game?

I think this is our modern day greatest memory at Memorial Stadium....

57 yard field goal that Alex Henery kicked at the end of the Colorado game a couple years ago. That kick got us into a bowl game and that kick turned around husker nation into believing in our team again.

I'll second (or third, fourth, fifth... I lost count) that as well, even on the youtube video you can tell that the stadium got exceptionally loud when he hit that amazing kick.

Knapp was AT that game

Is there even video of that game?

Silent Movie style. We see Knapp's lips moving then the words "I wear dresses!" flashing on screen