TV dispute may force NU games off air for some

LINCOLN — Some cable and satellite television subscribers in the state of Nebraska might not get to watch three Husker football games this season on their home TV.

A dispute between the Big Ten Conference and TV providers over distribution of the Big Ten Network and the fees that systems pay for BTN has put home Nebraska sporting events in limbo for certain subscribers.

Continue Reading

Gee, I wonder if anybody will call their cable provider to complain about this?? Ha ha! I envision an angry mob with pitchforks and torches showing up at the front door of Time Warner.

yea, I dont think this will last long. Plenty of time to get things figured out, its only June. Does anyone really think cable providers will holdout that long to have fans miss Nebraska games on TV???? I think not.

I live in NE Indiana and the BTN wasn't on comcast its first year. Same sort of deal went on with Comcast and the Big 10 as is going on in Nebraska. The Big 10 wont waver on this.

Dear TimeWarner,

Prepare to blink.

Sincerely,

One million Husker fans (aka, soon to be former subscribers)

Bingo!!!! That was exactly my point. Even if nebraska fans miss the first snap of the first game with this ongoing dispute with the cable providers. The fans will drop cable company faster than 3rd period French.

I guess what I find funny/frustrating is that atleast being with TWC, we just got BTN within the last year.

ill tell you right now that if this isnt resolved by the second week of august my happy ass will be at TWC office first and then at direct tvs office second!

And if it's not resolved by the 2nd week of August, you won't be able to get hooked up with anyone else for a good month, because the line at all of them will be miles long.

Gee, I wonder if anybody will call their cable provider to complain about this?? Ha ha! I envision an angry mob with pitchforks and torches showing up at the front door of Time Warner.

This. :yeah

Dear TimeWarner,

Prepare to blink.

Sincerely,

One million Husker fans (aka, soon to be former subscribers)

Especially this! :yeah

I've already got a satellite dish on the side of my house. Wouldn't take nothing for me to have it hooked up. That's two years without a subscription to TWC. I could live with that if it meant sending a message to these jerkfaces.

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!! :w00t

ill tell you right now that if this isnt resolved by the second week of august my happy ass will be at TWC office first and then at direct tvs office second!

Agreed. :D

A deal will work out. This happened all over the Big Ten footprint when the Big Ten Network first started.

But more likely this.....

I would love to send a message to Time Warner Cable as they are the only monopoly cable company in Lincoln. We get our basic cable free with our apartment rent and then I just pay the rest for the DVR/HD box.

However, I wouldn't mind switching to Direct-TV, especially if it's a reason like this. The reason why we don't is, I'm not sure how the contracted plans work with apartment buildings. If we want to move within the complex to another floor, or rent a house do we have to pay the exit fee of like 200 dollars just to move the dish, and then have to pay for the re-instalation at the new place?

That's why we stick with Time Warner for now...but I would love nothing more than the entire state stick it to them and send them a message.