Total melt down on shaggy bevo

But its crap like this happening some things very minor (like buying a kid a meal) that get programs into trouble. Fans, friends and boosters need to really need to have limited access to players. Let them have access to coaches and administrators and keep them away from the kids.

In my experience NU does a good job with this. Usually when there is access to players, lots of coaches, media, etc are there as well. Sure I suppose some back alley stuff could always happen but when there is even a suspicion of it the university is usually all over it. Instead they do get boosters with coaches, TO, trainers, etc. I think people just want to feel like they are are part of the program and there are two ways to do it. The kids. . .or the University paid employees. We try to do it with the latter.

Up until December, I thought the same thing about Ohio State.

But its crap like this happening some things very minor (like buying a kid a meal) that get programs into trouble. Fans, friends and boosters need to really need to have limited access to players. Let them have access to coaches and administrators and keep them away from the kids.

In my experience NU does a good job with this. Usually when there is access to players, lots of coaches, media, etc are there as well. Sure I suppose some back alley stuff could always happen but when there is even a suspicion of it the university is usually all over it. Instead they do get boosters with coaches, TO, trainers, etc. I think people just want to feel like they are are part of the program and there are two ways to do it. The kids. . .or the University paid employees. We try to do it with the latter.

da skers is something of an honest-to-goodness insider though. Do you have that kind of access to Ohio State or are you just a rabid fan who reads a lot online?

da skers is something of an honest-to-goodness insider though. Do you have that kind of access to Ohio State or are you just a rabid fan who reads a lot online?

rabid fan who reads things from people who are considered insiders too as well as have friends who are insiders. Hell up until 2006, one of my good friends was the Administrative Assistant to Andy Geiger and Gene Smith. Because of him, I was able to meet Archie Griffin in his own office. (before he moved on to the Alumni Association)

And your contacts had heard nothing? Interesting. Apparently the incriminating stuff was held close to the vest (pun not intended) until the press started digging.

No way. That pun was definitely intended. And true. :)

And your contacts had heard nothing? Interesting. Apparently the incriminating stuff was held close to the vest (pun not intended) until the press started digging.

Which means one of two things:

1.) Gag order so people wouldn't even tell their friends

2.) Nothing actually happened back when my friend worked for Ohio State.

Anything after 2006 I would have received from forums who people claimed they were insiders or who were actually insiders.

Anything after 2006 I would have received from forums who people claimed they were insiders or who were actually insiders.

But if you believe #2, you are the equivalent of a Husker fan who believes Tom Osborne never did anything wrong. And sadly, we know that's not the case.

UT AD Dodds responds with this -

“We take compliance very seriously at Texas. We have procedures in place that enable our coaches, student-athletes and administrators to make the right choices. We are performing our due diligence as always to make certain there are no outstanding compliance issues.”

But if you believe #2, you are the equivalent of a Husker fan who believes Tom Osborne never did anything wrong. And sadly, we know that's not the case.

Don't ever talk about Tom that way!!! ;) . Yeah I still firmly believe that Tom knew all about the steroid use at Nebraska...so I think he looked the other way on a few things to win. They could go to every top university and bust them all for violations if the NCAA wanted to. That's why I call the NCAA bipolar. One minute things are cool and the next they are freaking out and kicking your dog in the head.

my second favorite thing about this board

first is all the sh*t-for-brains morons that you can take full blast shots at when they say something delusional and stupid

which is virtually all the time]

WE'RE

NOT

F*CKING

MORONS

auburn paid cam

The immortal words, you can't make this sh*t up... hahahah

I am still under the impression most of the other sports are clean (as can be expected). If not, I am going to be pissed because I should have asked Craft last weekend where to get a good deal on a car.

People in Texas are just being friendly and they don't mean anything by it at all. They don't realize most of the time it is a violation. Texas is very clear with their players ... You cannot expect 19- to 20-year-old men to not accept free stuff while they're in college ... There's no way that college kids can really, honestly say no to all this stuff ... It's hard for a lot of these guys to even know ... I saw so many of his teammates who maybe didn't have some of that self-control to be able to say no to somebody. It's hard because you've got adults who you respect who you think will know what's right and what's wrong ... You do what adults say; that's how you're taught. So you have adults offering things, promising the world, doing all this stuff: we're taught to go along with that. That's the respectful thing to do. It's interesting to see adults really putting kids in these positions where they're taught to agree and go along and respect. ——Rachel McCoy

You know, if you read her whole statement it's not really *that* bad. Sure, it was stupid of her to open that can of worms. But it's not like she is pointing fingers and accusing specific people.

People in Texas are just being friendly and they don't mean anything by it at all. They don't realize most of the time it is a violation. Texas is very clear with their players ... You cannot expect 19- to 20-year-old men to not accept free stuff while they're in college ... There's no way that college kids can really, honestly say no to all this stuff ... It's hard for a lot of these guys to even know ... I saw so many of his teammates who maybe didn't have some of that self-control to be able to say no to somebody. It's hard because you've got adults who you respect who you think will know what's right and what's wrong ... You do what adults say; that's how you're taught. So you have adults offering things, promising the world, doing all this stuff: we're taught to go along with that. That's the respectful thing to do. It's interesting to see adults really putting kids in these positions where they're taught to agree and go along and respect. ——Rachel McCoy

You know, if you read her whole statement it's not really *that* bad. Sure, it was stupid of her to open that can of worms. But it's not like she is pointing fingers and accusing specific people.

Nor does she have to cooperate with the NCAA. Even if she's completely correct and tons of shenanigans are going on at UT, they're not going to get caught this way. tOSU only got caught because of a federal drug trafficking investigation and then written evidence in the form of e-mails. I think UT's been around the block (they were in the SWAC after all) and won't have left a paper trail.