Total melt down on shaggy bevo

But now with this and the fact that ESPN is suing Texas under the Freedom of Information Act and is uncovering possible NCAA infractions it might be fun to watch it crumble.

Wait a minute! I thought that Texass bought ESPN and to cover it up had ESPN give them $300 million?

Has it been proven that it was Colt's wife who called in? If so, this is baffling. Why would she do this? Is she so dumb that it doesn't occur to her that this will reflect poorly on her husband, and affect the rest of his life with his alma mater? If any of this turns out to be true, she's going to be responsible for bringing major sanctions to the school her husband dearly loved, and they won't be able to show their faces in Austin ever again.

Yeah and rember little colt is here. If they have a bye week, I doubt she shows up for a game. they will go ballistic down here in austin. I bet Mack is all over this right now making sure players are not driving expensive cars unless you have parents of the westlake or any wealthy community in Texas.

very entertaining

It is entertaining until it is the school you like. As a Buckeye fan, it is like a horror movie. It doesn't matter the school...someone is doing something against NCAA rules. You just don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

It is entertaining until it is the school you like. As a Buckeye fan, it is like a horror movie. It doesn't matter the school...someone is doing something against NCAA rules. You just don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

True. If it's any solace, nobody is going to confuse OSU with Texas anytime soon. Yes, the Buckeyes got caught in shenanigans, but unless decades of such malfeasance suddenly see the light of day, nobody is going to equate a few years of very poor decisions with the culture of corruption that permeates all things Longhorn.

One of the reasons this OSU story is making such massive headlines is that nobody expects it of you guys. Everyone thinks of OSU as "the good guys." Hell, people are shocked if there aren't violations at Texas every few years.

But now with this and the fact that ESPN is suing Texas under the Freedom of Information Act and is uncovering possible NCAA infractions it might be fun to watch it crumble.

Wait a minute! I thought that Texass bought ESPN and to cover it up had ESPN give them $300 million?

yeah doesnt seem like ESPN would want to wreck the texas football team since it just invested such a large amount of money into their new network.... i think this is a real unethical type conflict potenially...

:hookerhorns Sounds like they would be minor infractions.......but I wouldn't want to have the NCAA asking questions and finding more damaging violations.

But it is great entertainment to get the whorns going. Nothing like seeing the gloom and doom everywhere here in Austin!

Has it been proven that it was Colt's wife who called in? If so, this is baffling. Why would she do this? Is she so dumb that it doesn't occur to her that this will reflect poorly on her husband, and affect the rest of his life with his alma mater? If any of this turns out to be true, she's going to be responsible for bringing major sanctions to the school her husband dearly loved, and they won't be able to show their faces in Austin ever again.

She was actually, if I'm inferring correctly, trying to put Colt up on a pedestal as compared to the rest of the players and program by saying "oh yeah, all this bad stuff was going on, but my husband wouldn't have anything to do with it. Those other players are a different story."

She was actually, if I'm inferring correctly, trying to put Colt up on a pedestal as compared to the rest of the players and program by saying "oh yeah, all this bad stuff was going on, but my husband wouldn't have anything to do with it. Those other players are a different story."

Way to go, Mrs. McCoy. "With friends like these...." :facepalm:

I actually inferred it another way. While I agree she is placing Colt on a pedestal I think she is saying he was strong and disciplined enough not to give into the temptations due to how he was raised and his father protecting him.

These are the "Damning Comments"

“I know he was approached quite a bit (By 40 Year old men or Agents), but you know how Colt is, he can brush it off, move on and not go down that road.

“But I saw so many of his teammates who didn’t have the self control (As of her angel Colt) to be able to say no to somebody.”

It can be inferred that they could not say no as well as didn't say no. Saying someone doesn't have self control to be able to say no to something doesn't mean you know or the person did say YES.

One Texas poster had this to say about the phone interview: Exhibit A why phones have no place in the kitchen.

very entertaining

It is entertaining until it is the school you like.

Maybe, but it's still hilarious when it happens to Texas.

By precedent the NCAA will do everything to avoid messy investigations of actual wrongdoing at the big money schools while the Boise St's are hit with loss of institutional control when a women's tennis recruit slips a free meal. So...since Texas has more money than anyone else it will take quite a lot more than random hearsay on talk radio.

True. If it's any solace, nobody is going to confuse OSU with Texas anytime soon. Yes, the Buckeyes got caught in shenanigans, but unless decades of such malfeasance suddenly see the light of day, nobody is going to equate a few years of very poor decisions with the culture of corruption that permeates all things Longhorn.

One of the reasons this OSU story is making such massive headlines is that nobody expects it of you guys. Everyone thinks of OSU as "the good guys." Hell, people are shocked if there aren't violations at Texas every few years.

It is about a decade worth though - certainly no small amount. The alegations have been brewing up north for years. I'm certainly not a Texas fan - but almost every big-time player to go through OSU has had someone question his legitimacy as an amature athlete. I don't remember hearing much about Vince Young, Colt McCoy, Derrick Johnson, Applewhite, Huff, etc, being cheaters.

I personally expected it. It's happened so much in the past that it was eventually going to blow up. You've got Clarret, Smith and now Pryor as prime examples. Go through the last 10 years of major scandals involving college football and OSU has the top scandal 3 of the 10 with those 3 alone. Everyone just calls the accuser a liar and brushes it off though because no one in a sweatervest would ever fib.

I know they are our "big 10 brothers" now - but it's still a shady program and this has been going on for years.

I actually inferred it another way. While I agree she is placing Colt on a pedestal I think she is saying he was strong and disciplined enough not to give into the temptations due to how he was raised and his father protecting him.

These are the "Damning Comments"

“I know he was approached quite a bit (By 40 Year old men or Agents), but you know how Colt is, he can brush it off, move on and not go down that road.

“But I saw so many of his teammates who didn’t have the self control (As of her angel Colt) to be able to say no to somebody.”

It can be inferred that they could not say no as well as didn't say no. Saying someone doesn't have self control to be able to say no to something doesn't mean you know or the person did say YES.

One Texas poster had this to say about the phone interview: Exhibit A why phones have no place in the kitchen.

:laughpound