LB Nick Ramirez [Kansas State Commit]

Nexus

For me, the interesting thought all along has been the lack of love for Cox and Ramirez whom are both rated higher on most folks boards. I remember the conversation with SkerChicago on this, post #63. All these months later I'm still left with the thoought that this was the year that we had plenty of open slots. Thus, this kid must have one bad attitude to not offer. The kid has four star talent as well as Cox ... no doubt about it. Just wish we would have pursued these kids like we did the ones we got.

I think that if Newby is indeed going to play S as some have mentioned, then Ramirez is someone the staff should be talking to. I don't get it either, though with the banter coming out of the Mizzou fan base after his decommit and the NU staff's apparent non interest in the young man you have to wonder what the issue/problem is.

Regarding Chanz, the staff did pursue him hard but on the offensive side of the ball. I think he had his heart set on LB and thus his decision to go elsewhere.

If a guy doesn't fit into the "family" that Bo has built in Lincoln and chooses not to recruit a guy like this as a result, I'm fine with that.

Agreed, having a guy with a hot head at times, who gets passionate during games and offers excuses but says the problems will be fixed next week ... is not the kind of leader we need on this team. :-)

Caveman99, ya, would have loved to see them go after him on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not throwing stones at the staff ... just see it differntly ... especially with all the schollies that we have to offer and with the difficulty to build a solid DL it seems smart to be stronger at LB and possible move somebody to the secondary or offensive side of the ball.

We shall see ...

• 3 weeks later...