best places to visit before and after a game

More stuff for the big ten network, for the same show we're making a list of the best places to visit before and after Husker games, bars, restaurants, or really anything you can think of, and let me know about any personal favorites and hidden gems, that you think are great spots.

Well they already mentioned Lazlo's and Misty's on the welcome show over the weekend. Those are two of the most popular as far as I know.

I always try to make it to Lazlo's when I'm in town. Be sure to get the lavosh.

Lahvosh is ridiculously easy to make. We get it most every time we go to Lazlo's but I've only recently started making it at home. They sell the crackers in a three-pack at Hy-Vee, and then it's just whatever toppings you want and Havarti cheese.

I'd grab an ice cream cone and sit out by Broyhill Fountain. Just watch the world go by for half hour or so. Then you could head over and catch the Cornhusker Marching Band Pregame Spectacular.

I'd grab an ice cream cone and sit out by Broyhill Fountain. Just watch the world go by for half hour or so. Then you could head over and catch the Cornhusker Marching Band Pregame Spectacular.

What are some of the other pre/post game festivities and rituals that are really big with the students?

What are some of the other pre/post game festivities and rituals that are really big with the students?

North Bottoms. Haha.

North Bottoms. Haha.

Lol yep that's about it. The student tradition is pretty weak, unless it comes in a blue can or a red cup.

Lahvosh is ridiculously easy to make. We get it most every time we go to Lazlo's but I've only recently started making it at home. They sell the crackers in a three-pack at Hy-Vee, and then it's just whatever toppings you want and Havarti cheese.

I'm disappointed that you buy your crust, dude. I expected more from you! :P

I made mine from scratch the last time. I still need to work on getting it as crispy all the way across though.

i like to frequent the embassy suites. outside has a beer garden. inside has a bar and televisions to watch other games happening. also the viener wiener schlinger makes an appearance and slings hotdogs up 4 or 5 stories to people standing in the hallway. also alumni band members show up with the cheerleaders and play the fight song.

I'm disappointed that you buy your crust, dude. I expected more from you! :P

I made mine from scratch the last time. I still need to work on getting it as crispy all the way across though.

I cook enough as it is. I don't have any interest in making lahvosh crackers.