Corey Cooper

Accurate or no, it's all just hearsay. I don't put much stock into what nameless, faceless internet "sources" say. I'll see what they can do when coach trots them onto the field. If someone was using those words as fact then yeah, I'd probably "attack" them for it.

I like the positive gossip more than the negative gossip, but even still, I agree with this. Rumor is rumor is rumor. We have no way of knowing if any of this is true.

Kool-aidly, I'd like to buy into the notion that this defense is fierce. But I'll wait until we see it to believe anything.

how much of the int vs. completion ratio is because our defensive secondary is seriously that good, i know it might sound counter productive but sometimes i think it helps the qbs to get some reps against a lesser defense because it helps build their confidence and then they go out there and play and dont over think the game

I had these exact same thoughts. It can't be a good confidence builder to play against a top 10 secondary. ...but it would be silly to complain about that :P

I guess I am skeptical about all this. I am one to believe what I hear when practices are official and not voluntary, and it is a coach that can BE at said practices says it. Everyone can look like an All American or appear to be swimming when there is NO staff there to critique and coach.

All this is nice, but to me it means jack

Thanks for that info. Some good stuff and some troubling stuff. INT vs Completion ratio is troubling to me.

Not to worry - we're going to average 400+ yards a game rushing, have 3 1000 yard rushers, and pass about 7 times a game - always for a touchdown because the secondary will be up tight to stop the run.

Well, it's possible....

I think hes about 6 or 7 on the depth chart that seems to be pretty fluid right now. It hurt playing baseball when we were in Watson's offense and had Ted as the WR coach becuase of the way things were taught and how they wanted guys to do certian things. He'll have a chance to move up and let his athletic ablity help him more in Beck's system. I guess I haven't really asked about his progress much but the 4 guys who get the most talk at WR are BK, Turner, Bell and Enunwa.

Corey Cooper. Not Khiry Cooper.

Whoops...damn speed reader bites me again.

This is from another message board:

65 days to kickoff:

According to a friend....

Look for Cassidy/Smith/Osborne to rotate even snaps.

Cassidy = smart player knows the D in and out. Just not as gifted in

the physical area

Smith= best coverage safety we have, knows the D in and out

Osborne= best tackler hands down, doesn't know the D. Great on blitz's

Update on Cooper/Jackson

Cooper= isn't getting the D, consistently in the wrong positionJackson=long ways from playing on the D. LONG WAYS

Other info....

Of the three new RB'ss, Ameer is the one looking the best.

CB Ciante/Fonz have been AMAZING! Best combo yet.

Reed has really learned the "chip" block on LB's. Causing problems.

QB...

Taylor has improved this year from last. Not enough to get really

excited about.

Brion doing "ok" not what we had hoped.

Defence= "best we have had overall"

offense= dangerous.... can't throw on the D though. INT vs. Completion

ratio not good.

New OL scheme has held the DL very well in drills. Huge thanks to Stai

in technique.

Cotton has made the most noise in position battles.

Cooper having troubles with Sander's teaching ....its going to be harder for him with Raymond. The guy is hella smart but it bothers me a touch he's so focus on the technique. As long as he doesn't make it such an issue guys are over thinking we'll be fine...but it does scare me some when you think about our receivers the past few years over thinking the routes.

Problem with internet rumors is sourcing. Kind of a big deal when you don't know if this is a person on the team (what position?) or a coach or someone who knows someone. Could be anyone.

But then 'random' posters have had some pretty dead on information in the past.

Not only that, but if they are a member of the team, or a trainer or some tertiary guy who doesn't like another player, that can skew the information. What we see on the field is the most reliable information. Anything else is going to be clouded by something.

It may be a bit of a bland way of looking at things, but you don't get suckered into nonsense as much. That's my take on it.

Problem with internet rumors is sourcing. Kind of a big deal when you don't know if this is a person on the team (what position?) or a coach or someone who knows someone. Could be anyone.

Someone needs to try to keep track of all these "sources" posts and, a few months later, try to determine if they're right or not. Some posts, like this one, are a little bit harder to do, but we could still get an idea.

My guess is that, more often than not, the "sources" are right. Not always, but more than they're wrong. Just what I've observed.

Not only that, but if they are a member of the team, or a trainer or some tertiary guy who doesn't like another player, that can skew the information. What we see on the field is the most reliable information. Anything else is going to be clouded by something.

It may be a bit of a bland way of looking at things, but you don't get suckered into nonsense as much. That's my take on it.

True, which is why I'll argue against you. The fans see on the field action 13 or 14 times a year, which is a pretty small sample size. If these sources come from somebody who knows what they're talking about, they probably are seeing these players in practice day in and day out.

It's possible that a trainer or somebody unimportant would be biased in their information, but a post like that sounds more of a paraphrase of coaches comments. That information looks too detailed to be made up, and if it's biased I bet it's not by much. If it is completely made up, well, props to that guy. That's pretty creative.