Official HB Good Beer Thread

deshutes' porter is probably my favorite beer right now. it is delicious.

Yes. Yes, it is.

my friends talked about infusion. but no one had been there yet and they were not sure what to think. wish we would have stopped there, now. next time i am in town i will have to check it out. i do love benson.

Really high quality beers. Very welcoming vibe too . . . they just love good beer. Far less of a scene than Krug, or to a lesser extent, Jakes.

Benson is a good time. They need a few more restaurants to catch up with the quality bars.

tried zipline's porter because the brewery sounded familiar from here. was tempted to get their ipa, but i'm on a porter kick. it was solid, but didn't meet the gold standard set by Deschutes. also got a banana bread beer that was just delicious. really captured the essence of banana bread and super smooth.

last winter i really liked lenie's vanilla snowdrift porter and shiner bock's cheer. this year they are both pretty bad, mostly because of their aftertaste (esp. the snowdrift porter). i suppose my palate is maturing? that sounds pretty douche-y, but my taste has definitely changed; although i still love just an ice-cold bud heavy.

tried zipline's porter because the brewery sounded familiar from here. was tempted to get their ipa, but i'm on a porter kick. it was solid, but didn't meet the gold standard set by Deschutes. also got a banana bread beer that was just delicious. really captured the essence of banana bread and super smooth.

Have you tried the Anchor Porter? It's harder to find than Anchor Steam but it is a great example of the style.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever tried Belhaven? It is a Scottish Ale... My old neighbor owns a liquor store and was telling me he got some in for a guy and the gentleman decided he didn't want it. It is pricey stuff at $13 a six pack. My wife is gonna be pissed but I think I am gonna give it a whirl.

Has anyone ever tried Belhaven? It is a Scottish Ale... My old neighbor owns a liquor store and was telling me he got some in for a guy and the gentleman decided he didn't want it. It is pricey stuff at $13 a six pack. My wife is gonna be pissed but I think I am gonna give it a whirl.

Never tried it . . . but I do like other scotch ales. Report back! :P