Official HB Good Beer Thread

This one:

GhostFaceKillahLabel-thumb-550x365.jpg

Don't do it. It's too f'ing spicy to enjoy.

LOL where can I find that? A good trick to get drunk quick is put tabasco sauce in your beer, usually we just do it with cheap domestic stuff, and then enjoy. The heat is good but it is enough to want you to keep drinking, because if you stop before long it gets a bit warm. You will throw them back very quick.

Has anyone been to the beertopia store in Omaha? Is it worth a trip over there?

Yes, and yes.

Good beer. Great selection. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. They just love beer.

The only place close in Omaha for selection is Brix . . . but after they refused to turn one TV that was showing a pumpkin carving show to a football game I've refused to give them my business. They are trying wayyyyy too hard to be hip and classy.

• Fire 1

• 1 month later...

I know some of y'all have talked about Hoegaarden in the past. I had bought a bottle of it a while back, but I wasn't too excited about it. It was just ok. I had it on tap last weekend though at an Old C's in Loveland, CO. It was damn good. I ended up drinking that for most of the weekend.

I know some of y'all have talked about Hoegaarden in the past. I had bought a bottle of it a while back, but I wasn't too excited about it. It was just ok. I had it on tap last weekend though at an Old C's in Loveland, CO. It was damn good. I ended up drinking that for most of the weekend.

If you're in the Loveland area (I live about 12 miles from that Old C's) I'm guessing you've tried New Belgium Abbey. If not, you need to get over to Fort Collins and do the New Belgium tour and try the Abbey. You will definitely want to take a growler of it home with you.

If you're in the Loveland area (I live about 12 miles from that Old C's) I'm guessing you've tried New Belgium Abbey. If not, you need to get over to Fort Collins and do the New Belgium tour and try the Abbey. You will definitely want to take a growler of it home with you.

I live a ways away in Nebraska, but a couple of my buddies did the tour last week. They said it was awesome.

I did try some Shift from New Belgium. It wasn't too bad.

I have to make a run to the liquor store tonight, so maybe I'll check for the Abbey and the Sam Adam's Chocolate Bock, both of those sound good.