Official HB Good Beer Thread

tumblr_lmcgdyvED11qdr87lo1_500.jpg

This was on special lastnight at Duffys in Lincoln, not bad.

Why are you drinking it out of that little bitch glass? :lol:

I've honestly never had Rolling Rock. At least not that I remember.

lol I didnt actually take that picture, I just found it online. But they had Rolling Rock tall boys on special, I would recommend giving it a shot.

tumblr_lmcgdyvED11qdr87lo1_500.jpg

This was on special lastnight at Duffys in Lincoln, not bad.

Why are you drinking it out of that little bitch glass? :lol:

I've honestly never had Rolling Rock. At least not that I remember.

lol I didnt actually take that picture, I just found it online. But they had Rolling Rock tall boys on special, I would recommend giving it a shot.

that glass is bad ass. i would love to drink beer out of that. i would feel like my grandpa.

Ventured a couple new ones over the weekend.

#1- Billy's Chilies. Don't know exactly how to describe it, I guess sort of a pilsner (regular beer) but with 5 varieties of chilis in it (Anaheim, Fresno, Serrano, Jalepeno, & Habanero) It was pretty darn good if and when you're in the mood to have your beer be spicy. Not my favorite thing all the time but it went really good with our fajitas and it did pack some heat. I was actually looking for Coopersmith's Sigma Green Chili Beer (which is really excellent) but this is what they had at the liquor store. A little steep at $9.50 for a 4 pack but worth the try.

#2- Left Hand Brewing Co. Octoberfest. Pretty OK and not bad by any means. But no where near as good as the Sam Adams Octoberfest or my home brew.

Ventured a couple new ones over the weekend.

#1- Billy's Chilies. Don't know exactly how to describe it, I guess sort of a pilsner (regular beer) but with 5 varieties of chilis in it (Anaheim, Fresno, Serrano, Jalepeno, & Habanero) It was pretty darn good if and when you're in the mood to have your beer be spicy. Not my favorite thing all the time but it went really good with our fajitas and it did pack some heat. I was actually looking for Coopersmith's Sigma Green Chili Beer (which is really excellent) but this is what they had at the liquor store. A little steep at $9.50 for a 4 pack but worth the try.

#2- Left Hand Brewing Co. Octoberfest. Pretty OK and not bad by any means. But no where near as good as the Sam Adams Octoberfest or my home brew.

i love chili beer, or the spicy beer with a pepper in it. odd sensation, but surprisingly good.

Along with the seasonal release of their Octoberfest, Sam Adams now has a Harvest Collection 12 pack available. 2 each of 6 different beers. Boston Lager, Octoberfest, Dunkelweizen, Latitude 48 IPA, Harvest Pumpkin, & Hazel Brown. I can't vouch for the last three (yet) but you can't go wrong with the first three. Just had the Dunkelweizen and it was an excellent dark wheat beer with a banana nose (from the yeast strain they used) and notes of clove and nutmeg. Reminds me of New Belgium Abbey but somewhat lighter bodied and a little lower alcohol content. This one could get a guy messed because it goes down very smooth and easy. This one beer alone makes the collection worth trying. I hope they sell it outside the harvest collection cuz I want to stock up on it.

Had this for the first time over the weekend.

IMG_0901-570x854.jpg

The beer has a hazy nice orange color with a thin white head. Smell is of sweet bread and some nice orange citrus. The taste starts out big and bready. While on the sweeter side, it is a nice flavorful imperial white.