Official HB Good Beer Thread

Damn. Sam Adams Octoberfest is reeeeaaally good this year.

Had several of these during my layover in Miami on Saturday. It really hit the spot after drinking crappy Bahamian beer all week.

I also was given a free sample (I think the fat waitress liked me) of Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA. Not bad stuff. I'm not a huge fan of IPAs, but that was pretty good.

tried shiner oktoberfest, did not really care for it.

finally found some 80-acre, and i did like that quite a bit. very well balanced (whatever that means).

Completely agree on the 80-acre. Only had one but pretty impressed. Will be getting it again many times over.

Seen it. Didn't buy it. Might be my next purchase. I still have 38 beers in the fridge though.

This weekend is the wife's family reunion which means I'll be getting plowed. Also means some of her family are from PA, which means I'll be throwing down a fair amount of Yuengling's

Yuengling is good beer. If it's really cold, and you immediately chase it with a shot of bourbon.

This weekend is the wife's family reunion which means I'll be getting plowed. Also means some of her family are from PA, which means I'll be throwing down a fair amount of Yuengling's

Yuengling is good beer. If it's really cold, and you immediately chase it with a shot of bourbon.

well, I'm not sure if bourbon will be available, so I'll just have to pound copious amounts of beer...

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting chart carl. Since there is only 1 correct choice, it looks like I'm a high turnout republican. Just one question; how in the heck does Sam Adams get included on that chart with the veritable who's who of donkey piss? There's a few tolerable ones there but dang, where's the good stuff?

Not sure if serious but this made me laugh. Can't figure out if you think it is a good beer or if it's so bad you gotta chase the taste out of your mouth with bourbon. :dunno