OWH article

Great article. Lots of tidbits.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110723/BIGRED/707239836/-1#mckewon-professors-careful-with-nu-s-inner-workings

I'm guilty of trying to put a label on the offense, we've been through this before but I can't help it. Sounds to me like they want to go with the mutt offense. I like the the description of a motion offense on the football field, which is more specific than the semi-old saying about basketball on grass ...... I will go with the grotion offense. (GRassmOTION)

Like the explanation of why the WCO works in the NFL. Also like the point about Burkhead being able to run inside. I think he showed a little of that in the spring. Not sure if I believe that TMART will run less. We shall see. I think it depends upon what the D gives us. Would like to see them publish more of the husker power records, Martinez has 3 records underscoring why he has great burst.

So much good stuff in the article that we could start a plethora of threads on it that would carry us to FALL CAMP!.

curious to know martinez 10 yard dash record time. i know a couple years ago that belonged to cody green as the fastest qb ever anyways, i guess martinez is the fastest 10 yard for any position.

Have they kept records of that stuff for very long? Because I have a hard time believing that Cody Green was actually faster than Crouch/Frazier/Gill/Taylor/Lord etc

It seems like t-mart is fully heathy and ready to go. he didnt look like that at the spring game but i hope he is right about not running as much because they have more wepons on the O. i cant help it but feel great about what all the players are saying and it might just be what they were told to say but i hope they can prov all the skeptics wrong.

curious to know martinez 10 yard dash record time. i know a couple years ago that belonged to cody green as the fastest qb ever anyways, i guess martinez is the fastest 10 yard for any position.

Have they kept records of that stuff for very long? Because I have a hard time believing that Cody Green was actually faster than Crouch/Frazier/Gill/Taylor/Lord etc

yes they have. its a stride thing, he looked like he was slow because he had a long stride but his initial 10 yard burst was actually quite impressive. however, it looks like martinez has since broken that record.

It seems like t-mart is fully heathy and ready to go. he didnt look like that at the spring game but i hope he is right about not running as much because they have more wepons on the O. i cant help it but feel great about what all the players are saying and it might just be what they were told to say but i hope they can prov all the skeptics wrong.

I hope so, ankle sprains take time to heal properly.

Yeah, can you believe that? Green sure didn't look fast on the field to me. Maybe he was though.

Taylor Martinez alone owns three records in the pro agility run, 10-yard dash and vertical jump.

The haters claim he can only run in a straight line. lol!

:corndance