OWH article

I believe I read somewhere that there is a technique that can be practiced to not trigger the timer prematurely/get an appropriate start out of the blocks. I also think the way they trigger the timers have changed through the years so that needs to be taken in consideration. Maybe someone can verify or clear this up.

Regardless fast is fast no matter how you measure it.

It seems like t-mart is fully heathy and ready to go. he didnt look like that at the spring game but i hope he is right about not running as much because they have more wepons on the O. i cant help it but feel great about what all the players are saying and it might just be what they were told to say but i hope they can prov all the skeptics wrong.

I hope so, ankle sprains take time to heal properly.

agree, that ankle deal is still a concern, especially for the entire, grueling season.

It seems like t-mart is fully heathy and ready to go. he didnt look like that at the spring game but i hope he is right about not running as much because they have more wepons on the O. i cant help it but feel great about what all the players are saying and it might just be what they were told to say but i hope they can prov all the skeptics wrong.

agree, that ankle deal is still a concern, especially for the entire, grueling season.

Yeah thats true. I broke my ankle my freshmen year in high school and it has not been the same since, it hurts all the time.

curious to know martinez 10 yard dash record time. i know a couple years ago that belonged to cody green as the fastest qb ever anyways, i guess martinez is the fastest 10 yard for any position.

Have they kept records of that stuff for very long? Because I have a hard time believing that Cody Green was actually faster than Crouch/Frazier/Gill/Taylor/Lord etc

yes they have. its a stride thing, he looked like he was slow because he had a long stride but his initial 10 yard burst was actually quite impressive. however, it looks like martinez has since broken that record.

People said the same thing about Jammal Lord, if you recall, and they were wrong for the same reasons. Jammal's stride was so long he looked like he was barely moving his legs, but he ate up yards in chunks.

curious to know martinez 10 yard dash record time. i know a couple years ago that belonged to cody green as the fastest qb ever anyways, i guess martinez is the fastest 10 yard for any position.

Have they kept records of that stuff for very long? Because I have a hard time believing that Cody Green was actually faster than Crouch/Frazier/Gill/Taylor/Lord etc

yes they have. its a stride thing, he looked like he was slow because he had a long stride but his initial 10 yard burst was actually quite impressive. however, it looks like martinez has since broken that record.

People said the same thing about Jammal Lord, if you recall, and they were wrong for the same reasons. Jammal's stride was so long he looked like he was barely moving his legs, but he ate up yards in chunks.

Lord was one of the best running QBs Nebraska's ever had. He could take over a game by himself, surrounded with less talent than any of his predecessors. He got results - Cody Green never really showed that potential. But I guess it didn't have to do with his speed or explosion.

Yeah thats true. I broke my ankle my freshmen year in high school and it has not been the same since, it hurts all the time.

Give it another year. I'm sure you're Jr season will be better.

Lord was one of the best running QBs Nebraska's ever had. He could take over a game by himself, surrounded with less talent than any of his predecessors. He got results - Cody Green never really showed that potential. But I guess it didn't have to do with his speed or explosion.

There are a lot of guys that played football the last 20 years and all think Lord was a fantastic athlete and QB but didn't get the O-line to help him out. I've yet to find a guy who played with him sell him short as a leader either. Too bad he was here at the wrong time.

There are a lot of guys that played football the last 20 years and all think Lord was a fantastic athlete and QB but didn't get the O-line to help him out. I've yet to find a guy who played with him sell him short as a leader either. Too bad he was here at the wrong time.

Not just on OL, either. All of our skill positions were weak except for Lord at QB. Just a really weak supporting cast all around.

Not just on OL, either. All of our skill positions were weak except for Lord at QB. Just a really weak supporting cast all around.

Well, in 03 he had a great defense and a fairly decent Oline (Sewell, Incognito).

That was about it though with no rbs who were a threat. The year before that it was J. Lord "only". I constantly bring up that Crouch didn't have squat for talent around him relative to Frost, Gill or Frazier. I really believe that but with J. Lord it was the same scenario only times ten.

Imo J. Lord & Crouch were wayyyyyy better running threats than Frost or Frazier but they'll never get credit for it. All four were marginal at best throwing the ball but two had supreme talent everywhere around them on both sides of the ball. Those two will always be rated as "winners" while the other two take cheap pot shots from internet posters daily.

That's how it goes.

GBR!!