***Official Preseason Polls Thread***

GSG

Texas A&M is definitely too high, and frankly Oklahoma hasn't proven anything yet, they shouldn't be in the top spot. I don't know why Oregon isn't #1 frankly, given the returning starters they have.

Either way, the poll does in some ways show why all of this talk about the Big Ten being a much stronger conference than the Big 12 doesn't really scare me. I don't really think it is tougher than the Big 12.

If Oklahoma (who overcame a 17 pt deficit to beat us) hasn't proven anything yet, we certainly don't deserve to be 11. And Tim DeRuyter (aTm's DC) might just be the next Bo. They might be the team that upsets OU.

We played both Oklahoma and Texas A&M last year, and I wasn't that impressed with either one. Against Oklahoma, we beat ourselves, and against Texas A&M, we were beaten by the refs. Washington in the Holiday Bowl gave us more trouble than either Oklahoma or Texas A&M.

A&M's a top 20 team, not top 10, and Oklahoma's a top 5 team, but not #1. Not yet. Preseason polls are stupid.

Texas A&M is definitely too high, and frankly Oklahoma hasn't proven anything yet, they shouldn't be in the top spot. I don't know why Oregon isn't #1 frankly, given the returning starters they have.

Either way, the poll does in some ways show why all of this talk about the Big Ten being a much stronger conference than the Big 12 doesn't really scare me. I don't really think it is tougher than the Big 12.

If Oklahoma (who overcame a 17 pt deficit to beat us) hasn't proven anything yet, we certainly don't deserve to be 11. And Tim DeRuyter (aTm's DC) might just be the next Bo. They might be the team that upsets OU.

We played both Oklahoma and Texas A&M last year, and I wasn't that impressed with either one. Against Oklahoma, we beat ourselves, and against Texas A&M, we were beaten by the refs. Washington in the Holiday Bowl gave us more trouble than either Oklahoma or Texas A&M.

A&M's a top 20 team, not top 10, and Oklahoma's a top 5 team, but not #1. Not yet. Preseason polls are stupid.

Your projections and the polls aren't terribly far off. At this point, I'd pretty much call it negligible. Basically we're all 3 on the same page

Fine with me having OU as number 1. You would be surprised how many people here in OKC are having a sh#t fit over it. They believe that if they ever get that #1 spot before the last two games of the season that they are doomed. I am hoping they are right (unless we can playing them in the NC for a rematch).

Seriously, A&M in the top 10? Last year they lost to everyone with a pulse. That is excluding a not so great OU team. Also excluding a Husker team with pretty much no offense and the refs helping A&M any way they could short of actually tackling Husker players.

That not so great OU team did beat us in the Big 12 Championship game just saying

Seriously, A&M in the top 10? Last year they lost to everyone with a pulse. That is excluding a not so great OU team. Also excluding a Husker team with pretty much no offense and the refs helping A&M any way they could short of actually tackling Husker players.

That not so great OU team did beat us in the Big 12 Championship game just saying

not really. we beat ourselves. OU got completely beat up against A&M and Missouri. Oregon should be ahead of them, especially if they beat LSU.

I have to agree with you, but they're simply guessing at this point. A&M being as high as they are is puzzling to me.

I never said we were great. They were good enough to beat a Husker Team with no offense. Good. Not so great.

Do you think having 10 coaches in the Big12 w/ a serious bias against us could end up hurting in the BCS rankings? If there are 3 undefeated teams and Nebraska is 1 of them...there's not a single (maybe Gill) coach in that conference that is going to rank us in the top 2. Having what...10% of the leagues coaches automatically putting you third doesn't really help.