I'm want to complain about the mascots

I'm also want to complain that I can'tn't edit the tapic title to fix I'm error. Or if I can fix I topic then someone tell me who.

Anyhow, I hate Lil' Red and I want to get rid of him. I'm serious. Would a petition work? Spamming the athletic department office? Er, I guess more than 4 people would have to give enough of a cornhusk. I hate seeing that thing hop around though :/. It creeps me out.

and Herbie. I used to like Herbie, but then they put him in a red polo shirt and... I just don't get it. The overalls were more Nebraskan. Now he looks like a cowboy/rancher. Or at least what they look like in my head.

We had one of those inflatable mascots at my high-school. You want to know how to disable them? find some ice... throw sharp ice at mascot. Eventually they spring a leak(s) big enough that the small muffin fan they have inflating them can't keep the air pressure up.

and p.s. I don't care if it is "for the kids" it is freaking lame. That is how to defeat it.

I hope you realize what we physically put ourselves through to perform in these "outdated" and "lame" mascot uniforms. Let me remind you the Lil' Red was a pioneer of mascots around the world being the first inflatable mascot; that's why he is so special. As far as Herbie goes, we use the shirts and outfits that we use to cover up the zippers and what not...Overalls tend to fall of if we become to animated which is why wearing the jeans and polo or anything else is much simpler.

I look forward to entertaining you complainers in a few weeks ;)

H

I hope you realize what we physically put ourselves through to perform in these "outdated" and "lame" mascot uniforms. Let me remind you the Lil' Red was a pioneer of mascots around the world being the first inflatable mascot; that's why he is so special. As far as Herbie goes, we use the shirts and outfits that we use to cover up the zippers and what not...Overalls tend to fall of if we become to animated which is why wearing the jeans and polo or anything else is much simpler.

H

Disliking a jumping balloon that looks like a 3 year old has nothing to do with the person inside of it :P

H

No sympathy from me. Absolutely none. Is that giant inflatable balloon of a "mascot" not working out for you? Don't like working in a wearable bounce house?

Being the first horrible inflatable mascot isn't something to brag about, that is a fact to be scorned and disavowed.

You might be better protected from small icicles if you had say, I don't know a... foam head and some jeans or overalls. Otherwise, I think it is open season on that inflatable POS that everyone over 3 hates.

Just make sure the icicles are pointy before you throw them.

Good luck Lil-Red.

It should be perfectly obvious that Lil Red is geared toward children. He does silly things that make kids laugh, mostly the bouncing-on-the-head thing which throws kids into convulsions. He pushes merchandise out the door in the form of Lil Red shirts and dolls. For what he's designed to do, he does it very well.

I wouldn't expect adults to like Lil Red any more than I'd expect them to like the Backyardigans, but I'm surprised that nobody gets that it's not geared toward them.

Herbie Husker = Grown-Up Mascot

Lil Red = Kids Mascot