I'm want to complain about the mascots

I hope you realize what we physically put ourselves through to perform in these "outdated" and "lame" mascot uniforms. Let me remind you the Lil' Red was a pioneer of mascots around the world being the first inflatable mascot; that's why he is so special. As far as Herbie goes, we use the shirts and outfits that we use to cover up the zippers and what not...Overalls tend to fall of if we become to animated which is why wearing the jeans and polo or anything else is much simpler.

I look forward to entertaining you complainers in a few weeks ;)

H

Starting to wish I'd kept my first condom. :blink:

It should be perfectly obvious that Lil Red is geared toward children. He does silly things that make kids laugh, mostly the bouncing-on-the-head thing which throws kids into convulsions. He pushes merchandise out the door in the form of Lil Red shirts and dolls. For what he's designed to do, he does it very well.

I wouldn't expect adults to like Lil Red any more than I'd expect them to like the Backyardigans, but I'm surprised that nobody gets that it's not geared toward them.

Herbie Husker = Grown-Up Mascot

Lil Red = Kids Mascot

This.

My 3.5 year old daughter readily knows Lil' Demon Child like Elmo and Big Bird.

Herbie...not so much, but I'm working on that.

I do have her associating the letter 'N' with anything Nebraska, though, so I believe I get extra special parental brownie points for that. That, and she can find Nebraska on a U.S. map of the states.

• Fire 1