Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

I guess what baffles me more than anything, is the feeble attempt to legitimize a program that isn't even on the same level as ours.

3 more national titles, over 25 more conference titles, 3 more Heisman's...

Should I continue?

I never said we were on the same level as your program historically. You are above us, yes. This whole thing started when your fellow Husker fan said we lacked quality football. Well if winning 1...2..or 4 national titles depending on what you want to count and 7 rose bowls is lacking quality football... I'm baffled.

Well it really depends on what polls you want to count, it's all very subjective in college football which is stupid in the first place since there should be a playoff system. TCU not being considered a national champion last year is just wrong. Name me another major sport where an undefeated team doesn't get a shot at being the champion... it's a joke really.Just keep the 4 Major Bowl Games (Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange), then have the winner of the Rose play the winner of the Fiesta and the winner of the Sugar play the winner of the Orange. Then the winners of those two games play in the National Championship Game. It's really simple... but the BCS is pathetic and this never will happen.

It's really not, it's the AP and Coaches poll since they stopped voting on championships before bowls. The nationally recognized polls.

Beyond that, it's where it gets murky. However considering 3 of the 4 titles you are trying to claim were awarded by the Helms, (B(QPRS), FN, NCF), and (Rothman/FACT). They don't really fall into that "murky" area for anyone else.

Like I said feel free to claim as many as you want, just as the rest of college football will feel free to laugh their asses off at you for doing it, like we are here.

"Sure you were champions in '84 buddy, sure you were" with the rest of the nation's arms around your back as we all look away and snicker. "Good for you!"

You just contradicted yourself then. The 1960 Husky National Title team would have been undisputed National Champs if the AP and Coaches poll were done after the bowl game since Washington beat the AP and Coaches champ of that year-Minnesota in the Rose Bowl. Thus you just proved that the Huskies 1960 Championship is legit. The 1984 and 1990 teams are "murky" I agree, but not the 1960 or 1991 teams.

No you apparently didn't understand me, the 1960 title claim is "murky" at best. The 1984 and 1990 claims are ridiculous and comical to anyone that isn't a husky fan.

Which is what I said, You have ONE legitimate claim. Claiming more is funny, by all means keep working to convince us.

I guess what baffles me more than anything, is the feeble attempt to legitimize a program that isn't even on the same level as ours.

3 more national titles, over 25 more conference titles, 3 more Heisman's...

Should I continue?

I never said we were on the same level as your program historically. You are above us, yes. This whole thing started when your fellow Husker fan said we lacked quality football. Well if winning 1...2..or 4 national titles depending on what you want to count and 7 rose bowls is lacking quality football... I'm baffled.

Yeah, you guys are about as good as Colorado...

Let's compare:

A game played where there are no significant injuries on either side, on a beautiful, almost hot by Seattle standards where they home team gets flat out embarrassed and their sure fire ltop 15 draft pick QB gets tossed around like a dirty flannel shirt at a Mudhoney concert....

OR.....

A horribly rainy sloppy game played on a disgrace of a football team, where one participant was running around celebrating making this bowl, any bowl, and probably framed their own 8th place ribbons before they left, and the other was broken, defeated, about to fire their OC, had two profoundly injured QB's, and had been through a ringer of screwjobs over the last month.

Which game would provide a more accurate judgement of the teams? The Sept. Version vs. your bowl team puts 50+ still I bet.

I realize that game still counted, and it's deplorable that NU acted like that, but any intelligent fan would realize the stupidity of calling that bowl game a true yardstick

But then again, you will probably crawl back inside a Ranier can after the beat down in two weeks, never to beard from again, so I guess I'll never know.....

Cry More

Ahh, the classic 13 year old Xbox live comeback. Gonna call us f**s next? How about gay?

One of the teams in this discussion went winless a couple seasons ago. Shoot I forget which one though...

Thats right.. which one was that?

It all depends on how you look at records. If you actually give UW the points some people were giving them in Vegas for the point spread, they actually won a few games. That's why Nebraska really didn't win the title in 97, they didn't cover, hence a loss.

What UW fans think is going to happen: Polk will run for at least 100 yards and 2 scores and UW wins 21 - 17

What really is going to happen: Polk sometime during the first quarter will get hit so hard, he'll actually lose a chromosome, the back up I back comes in and gets used so badly he'll need therapy, they'll have to throw the ball to catch up and Crick and Co will abuse the QB to the point he'll give up football to concentrate on ping pong....

45 - 10

What UW fans think is going to happen: Polk will run for at least 100 yards and 2 scores and UW wins 21 - 17

What really is going to happen: Polk sometime during the first quarter will get hit so hard, he'll actually lose a chromosome, the back up I back comes in and gets used so badly he'll need therapy, they'll have to throw the ball to catch up and Crick and Co will abuse the QB to the point he'll give up football to concentrate on ping pong....

45 - 10

Are we taking bets on what point in the game Sarkisian locks himself into the fetal position and has to be straightened out with a crowbar?

I was listening to the local ESPN station with Brock Huard (ex-Husky QB) and Mike Salk while they were doing a Husky preview show while I was walking around Lake Washington. I was taking a break from doing some design work and like to clear my head with ESPN sports radio over something like Pandora.

They were predicting 8-9 win Husky team and were certain that the Huskies will go into Lincoln and come back with a win. They were using words like "should" and "will". I know the Husky team is growing up, but they also lost their best player in Locker. Their strength of running the ball matches up with the strong Huskers front and their weakness of their defense does nothing but help the Husker offense.

Living out here I don't get much Husker news except for what I can see on the forum, ESPN, and Omaha.com, but I just don't see how the Husky media can be that confident going against my Huskers.

Am I missing something?

I'll explain it to you guys. Your defense really isn't all that great. Washington in all honesty manhandled your defensive line in both games. The only thing your defense did well was play the pass well. I mean, the way your cornerbacks use those illegal tactics is a real treat to watch. Man are they fast.

In all honesty, can we stop pretending that Nebraska is a big time program. I mean, Washington isn't a big time program these days, but neither is Nebraska. Guys, almost a full generation has gone by since you won that last national championship. You're not big time anymore. I laugh when you people mock Washington for celebrating that Holiday Bowl win when you guys did the same exact thing one year earlier.

I mean, am I right? Jeebus people I feel like im taking crazy pills here!

By the way - this is the same Eastern Washington that was #60 out of 117 teams in D1AA in scoring defense last year, giving up 25 points per game. Washington only scored five more points than the average D1AA opponent EW faced last year. That isn't saying much.

You put up 17 points against an awful Div. II South Dakota State last year... That game definitely impacted how many points you scored against teams the rest of the way? Right?

I will call it now. vegas will have NU as a 17 point favorite. I personally think 21 is more accurate but let s see what Vegas says.

Vegas says minus 17.5. Had to bump this thread.