Ron Brown is the man for the job

Ron Brown is trying every tactic he knows to help cure Nebraska's fumble problems.

The longtime Nebraska assistant coach, in charge of running backs for the first time this season, is even redecorating the position group's room.

Brown, with the administration's blessing, had three pictures removed of past Nebraska running backs who were displaying poor ball security.

"It was probably a good run, looks pretty in the picture," Brown said, "but the ball security's bad."

He had the pictures replaced with running backs carrying the football in a more secure manner.

"I said we were going to leave (the former pictures) up in the spring as a reminder for what we don't want to do," Brown said, "and then in the fall when we come back ... I talked to administrative people, and we've got pictures up there now of people locking the ball."

It's all part of Brown's plan to change the running backs' mindset and culture after Nebraska lost 16 fumbles last season, a mark that ranked second-to-last among FBS schools.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_445ba982-0171-57f2-86a6-9c8f7280369b.html

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/take_down_those_pictures.html

He had the pictures replaced with running backs carrying the football in a more secure manner.

"I said we were going to leave (the former pictures) up in the spring as a reminder for what we don't want to do," Brown said, "and then in the fall when we come back ... I talked to administrative people, and we've got pictures up there now of people locking the ball."

Hey, when you fumbled it 45 times as a team last year, you do whatever it takes.

Glad coach Brown is with the team, he is a great coach.

The fumble issue is the difference between winning a Big 10 championship and missing a bowl game. We will not get away with it a second year in a row. It may be the single most important issue to fix in this program. If they have to sacrifice the guy with the most fumbles on an altar of Baal at the end of the season, do what it takes. Cannot have another year of that nonsense.

• Fire 1