Suh welcomes Andy Dalton to the NFL

Apathy

Funny thing is him doing that, drew the flag. When he shoved the pats guy his grip on the Lions guys helmet it yanked it for the facemask call.

But yeah, other then the penalties he'll get doing that stuff, it doesn't bother me. The NFL is half WWF hype machine and they've already labeled him as a "dirty" enforcer type with a mean streak on the field. Might as well use that to get in the other teams player's heads. It's not like he's going to hurt more then his own hand pawing at a facemask like that.

Ohh and the Pats game last year was a lot of the same, a lot of penalties and patriot jawing after plays. So it simply carried over.

So it's okay to punch someone (actually it was a shove, then jab, then punch) and get a 15 yard penalty just because his teammate is in a shoving match? (the only reason there was no penalty was because the refs weren't looking). If it had been a situation like that guy trying to tear Burkhead's head off, fine, but it was nothing like that. Just a couple light shoves and yelling at each other. If he decides to stick up for his teammates every time they're having words with the other team he'll get penalized every play. He should have stayed out of it and let the guy deal with it.

I actually disliked the scuffles a lot more than the supposed "dirty" play because he's in complete control of his actions at that point and it's 100% mental/emotional, not running at someone in the heat of the moment.

I didn't see him throw a punch, all I saw was him trying to push Mankins away. So would rather have had him just let his teammate get mauled and not help him? I don't know about you but if I was his teammate, I would respect him even more cause I know he would always have my back. Should he have done it? Probably not, but I'm not gonna fault him for feeling that he should stick up for one of his teammates.

No such thing was happening. They were jawing and doing a bit of shoving. His teammate was in no danger of getting "mauled" and as I said, this was the 2nd such fight in the game that Suh involved himself in. It's something I've never seen from him before. He always just let his actions (on the field) speak for themselves. For the record, this is like a minor annoyance to me and I'd probably defend him anywhere else but here. To the post above yours, telling people not to comment if they don't have the same athletic ability as the player is always a bad argument.

Get over it. He's become the "enforcer" of sorts-as he should be.

yeah! You tell her! Who needs an opinion! dedhoarse

But yeah, other then the penalties he'll get doing that stuff, it doesn't bother me. The NFL is half WWF hype machine and they've already labeled him as a "dirty" enforcer type with a mean streak on the field. Might as well use that to get in the other teams player's heads. It's not like he's going to hurt more then his own hand pawing at a facemask like that.

Oh, I agree. I don't think he's hurting anymore or being a bad guy. More like, potentially getting stupid penalties and hurting his team. But maybe it's because this is just a pre-season game. It doesn't really matter if he gets called for 5 personal fouls.

Get over it. He's become the "enforcer" of sorts-as he should be.

We need a better roll eyes emoticon. I just don't think the current one is judgmental-looking enough. Anyway, thanks for the input.