Suh welcomes Andy Dalton to the NFL

Apathy

Suh is an absolute animal and is the most dominant defensive lineman to hit the college or pro ranks that I think I have ever seen. Now this fine example video above just shows me that the NFL has gone so overboard with protecting the QB position that it has really gone to the QB's heads. I mean, Dalton's helmet came off just from being grabbed. The damn thing was already off before he ever hit the ground.....you know why? Because these pansies come out there so protected and so untouchable that the damn fools don't even strap up their helmets. Suh may have been overboard, but the kid's helmet flying off sure made it look a bit more offensive..........

Hey Dalton! Your a football player, not a damn dancing fairy, strap the damn thing on like it is intended to be.

It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked at first glance. But most of the tackle was for show (he didn't need to jump up like that when he already had the QB wrapped up and taken care of) and perhaps he shouldn't do that as often. On the other hand I like watching him throw QBs around instead of just tackle them.

The ridiculousness of that being a penalty is why I don't watch the NFL anymore. Why don't they just get it over with and play 2 hand touch.

This, its not a game of gladiators anymore, its a game of a commissioner trying to protect a bunch of teams offensive "investments".

I couldn't agree more with both of you.. The money has ruined the game and is why I don't watch anymore either. "Protecting the league's investments" is exactly why that call was made. I hate the fact that due to being so much better than those facing him, Suh has to throttle back his hits and tackles to avoid "loss of investment" penalties. Suh plays football like football was meant to be played, and it is completely fitting that he has a lion on his helmet. Detroit needs something to cheer for these days, and he's just what that town needs. I hope he rips the next guy's head off and throws it to the fans.