B10's Countermove?

Creed

I feel any list we put together could be a possibility. I know Delaney isnt sitting around waiting for stuff to happen. That man is like a duck, calm above the water with all the action happening below the surface. I do remember him saying they were looking to expand East & South. Id be willing to bet he already knows who would be willing to join. I wouldnt be surprised if there havent been conversations about this with TPTB of other universities in the past. Cant wait to see how all this plays out. Its very exciting!!

1. ND

2. Texas

3. GA Tech

4. Maryland

5. Missouri

6. Virginia/VA Tech

7. Syracuse/Rutgers

8. Oklahoma

9. KU/KSU

10. UCF/USF

So what's their realistic "draft" order if it comes to that? IMO Texas, OU and any other deep south teams are unrealistic.

1. ND

2. Missouri

3. Maryland

4. Pitt

5. Kansas-KSU combo

6. Rutgers

7. Syracuse

8. Clemson/Ga Tech

Switch Missouri around with Kansas, but drop the KSU combo bit. If no one but CUSA or the Mountain West comes asking for K-State, they're not going to sacrifice what Kansas has built in basketball just to get a school like KSU into a BCS conference.

Plus, remember this is motivated by TV, and the Big 10 already considers St. Louis, MO as part of it's footprint, so we're only talking about the acquisition of Kansas City for a media market--big whoop. Kansas can bring in Kansas City as well, and you get a much better basketball program *and* a school that's actually been to a BCS football game.

Otherwise, I do believe you're on target. Kudos.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel any list we put together could be a possibility. I know Delaney isn’t sitting around waiting for stuff to happen. That man is like a duck, calm above the water with all the action happening below the surface. I do remember him saying they were looking to expand East & South. I’d be willing to bet he already knows who would be willing to join. I wouldn’t be surprised if there haven’t been conversations about this with TPTB of other universities in the past. Can’t wait to see how all this plays out. It’s very exciting!!

1. ND

2. Texas

3. GA Tech

4. Maryland

5. Missouri

6. Virginia/VA Tech

7. Syracuse/Rutgers

8. Oklahoma

9. KU/KSU

10. UCF/USF

Texas isn't worth the headache that they will bring. Why would a great conference want a team that has destroyed 2 conferences in 20 years? Money? Not worth it.

I feel any list we put together could be a possibility. I know Delaney isn't sitting around waiting for stuff to happen. That man is like a duck, calm above the water with all the action happening below the surface. I do remember him saying they were looking to expand East & South. I'd be willing to bet he already knows who would be willing to join. I wouldn't be surprised if there haven't been conversations about this with TPTB of other universities in the past. Can't wait to see how all this plays out. It's very exciting!!

1. ND

2. Texas

3. GA Tech

4. Maryland

5. Missouri

6. Virginia/VA Tech

7. Syracuse/Rutgers

8. Oklahoma

9. KU/KSU

10. UCF/USF

Texas isn't worth the headache that they will bring. Why would a great conference want a team that has destroyed 2 conferences in 20 years? Money? Not worth it.

Yep, ask TAM, Colorado, Arkansas or Nebraska what they think of the texas conference destroyers. It's hilarious they think they have a good chance on Arkansas.

There was no armageddon when the SEC went to 12, nor when the SWC folded, nor when the Big East lost 3 of its top teams (commish Tranghese called this the worst thing to ever happen to college football, yet it had a minor impact), nor when Nebraska and CU left the Big 12. I don't see that A&M and one other team moving will necessarily cause a huge change either. It could, but it just as easily will not.

If the Big 12 folds, that certainly will be disruptive, but I'm not convinced they can't survive with 8, or pick up some old SWC teams or WAC/MW teams to go to 10 or 12.

I'm sure Delaney has a plan for the Big 10. That plan may be to do nothing. Or, if they really want Notre Dame (and I haven't been following the Big 10 long enough to know how badly they do), he could make overtures to 3 or 4 more teams, while telling ND, "last chance ...", to force their hand.

There was no armageddon when the SEC went to 12, nor when the SWC folded, nor when the Big East lost 3 of its top teams (commish Tranghese called this the worst thing to ever happen to college football, yet it had a minor impact), nor when Nebraska and CU left the Big 12. I don't see that A&M and one other team moving will necessarily cause a huge change either. It could, but it just as easily will not.

If the Big 12 folds, that certainly will be disruptive, but I'm not convinced they can't survive with 8, or pick up some old SWC teams or WAC/MW teams to go to 10 or 12.

I'm sure Delaney has a plan for the Big 10. That plan may be to do nothing. Or, if they really want Notre Dame (and I haven't been following the Big 10 long enough to know how badly they do), he could make overtures to 3 or 4 more teams, while telling ND, "last chance ...", to force their hand.

Two points here: first, the "Armageddon" that may stem from NU and Colorado's departure has yet to unfold, so it is too early to say it won't happen. A&M's departure is an indirect result of those two schools leaving. Yes, the LHN is a party to that, but had those two schools stayed I doubt A&M would have flirted with the direction they are taking now. Moral of the story is let's see how this plays out before concluding NU an Colorado leaving won't have substantial effects on the face of conference (re)alignment.

Second, the BiG wants ND badly. Unfortunately, when ND applied for membership many moons ago (in the 20's, I believe--could be off on that timeline) they did not get accepted and the BiG has been trying to correct that mistake ever since. Whenever a discussion regarding the BiG and expansion comes up ND is the first school listed for a reason. Had ND been willing to join, the BiG would have done that and not courted Nebraska; not saying it is not a fantastic coup for the BiG (it is), just reality, the BiG wants ND today and will tomorrow.