Huskers have top 2 greatest teams of all-time?

basically looking at random youtube vids i came across this rankings vid by someone with the name "bornahorn". Not expecting to much i watched it out of curiosity and found it kinda shockingly to have the 72 team and 95 teams ranked 1 and 2 all time on his list....now obviously we are all a little biased but it got me wondering. Trying to be as objective as possible how good comparative to the rest of the all-time teams were nebraska's best squads. The 95 team is usually in the discussion for the greatest of all-time and the 72 teams gets lots of recognition but even as a Husker fan I'm not sure they are one and two all-time. I could easily see the 95 team being number 1 but number two for 72 seemed somewhat high.

I am also bored as hell, and on youtube. Can't sleep. Just noticed that an OU fan has uploaded the entirety of the 1971,1982, 1983,2000,2001,2008, and 2010 rivalry games. Thought I would share because I have been looking for a free way to watch the 71 game for a long time now, and after missing it today on espn classic decided to search again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4079Ruhr7rc&feature=channel_video_title

video uploader has the other games along with alot of other stuff.

• Fire 1

I spent ~the 1st half of my life thinking the '71 NU team was the best of all time..But still find it funny that the '71 OU team doesn't get much mention even though we were only 4 points better than them.

2-10 must be very close.

Watching that game a couple weeks back, to me OU seemed like the more talented team. We really looked outmatched. We won because we played mistake free football, we were the better coached team, that's for sure.

basically looking at random youtube vids i came across this rankings vid by someone with the name "bornahorn". Not expecting to much i watched it out of curiosity and found it kinda shockingly to have the 72 team and 95 teams ranked 1 and 2 all time on his list....now obviously we are all a little biased but it got me wondering. Trying to be as objective as possible how good comparative to the rest of the all-time teams were nebraska's best squads. The 95 team is usually in the discussion for the greatest of all-time and the 72 teams gets lots of recognition but even as a Husker fan I'm not sure they are one and two all-time. I could easily see the 95 team being number 1 but number two for 72 seemed somewhat high.

Before I watched the video I was thinking the dude must've been nuts to have '72 Nebraska. That team lost twice and had a tie. But it was '71. That makes a helluva lot more sense.

Before I watched the video I was thinking the dude must've been nuts to have '72 Nebraska. That team lost twice and had a tie. But it was '71. That makes a helluva lot more sense.

sorry it was 1am mistakes happen....brain fart big time

I am also bored as hell, and on youtube. Can't sleep. Just noticed that an OU fan has uploaded the entirety of the 1971,1982, 1983,2000,2001,2008, and 2010 rivalry games. Thought I would share because I have been looking for a free way to watch the 71 game for a long time now, and after missing it today on espn classic decided to search again.

Yeah he actually comes onto this board to tell us which one he has just uploaded. They are pretty sweet, considering I wasn't even born when some of them were played.

I'm only 21, so I can't speak for the 72' only having only seen them in the one game. But I have a hard time believing anyone can argue that the 95' was the single greatest of all time. From watching the 72 MNC, reading books, articles, stats, etc, I'd say 72' team is top 4 at the very least.

It's very cool knowing that we have 2 of the best teams ever nearly a generation apart. I'm proud of that as a Husker fan.

I love that Brut is the main sponsor of the game! Jim Rome would be proud! Give OU a Brut slap!

Anyone notice that in the announcer's starting lineups, about half of the guys are chewing? Different times back then.

I just remember 95, and hearing it from all these Gator fans in my unit, saying how the fun and gun was going to rip the Huskers apart. I just replied, "we'll see".

It didn't dawn on me until the end of the 3rd Quarter, that this might be one of the greatest teams I've ever seen.

Best experience of my life. I remember standing in the middle of Mill Ave. in Tempe New Years Eve jawing back and forth with Gator fans, there had to be a few hundred NU & Florida fans standing in the middle of the intersection talking it up. The words that were being thrown around were exactly what you spoke of, all the Gator fans were talking loads of crap about how they were going to blow us out and all the NU fans were quietly confident. I had the experience of sitting in a mostly Florida section at the game, well, until about the middle of the 3rd quarter when the only color left in our section was red! haha I still get pissed off when I think about Peter running down right into my endzone high stepping, and not getting points for it!!

I just remember 95, and hearing it from all these Gator fans in my unit, saying how the fun and gun was going to rip the Huskers apart. I just replied, "we'll see".

It didn't dawn on me until the end of the 3rd Quarter, that this might be one of the greatest teams I've ever seen.

I love how some people (mainly that one idiot from the Northwestern message board on Rivals) claim that Nebraska wouldn't have even been a contender for a national championship if they were in the Big Ten in '95. Yeah, the Huskers embarrassed the #2-ranked team in the country, which dominated the SEC easily, but they'd have struggled in the Big Ten. :facepalm:

I love how some people (mainly that one idiot from the Northwestern message board on Rivals) claim that Nebraska wouldn't have even been a contender for a national championship if they were in the Big Ten in '95. Yeah, the Huskers embarrassed the #2-ranked team in the country, which dominated the SEC easily, but they'd have struggled in the Big Ten. :facepalm:

We beat four teams that finished in the top ten by an average score of 49-18. The final ranking of those four teams was 2, 5, 7 & 9 (AP).

That stat alone is astounding.

Colorado September 2* at Wisconsin W 43-7

Nebraska September 9* at Michigan State W 50-10

Iowa State September 16* vs. Iowa L 27-10

Iowa State was 1-6 in the Big 8. Iowa was 4-4 in the Big 10 and somehow managed to finish the season ranked. Clearly the Big 10 is a better conference since they had 2 teams finish in the top 10 vs. the Big 8's 4(including the national champion). Whatev.