Is Boise State a top football program

cb1954

No doubt dude. And yes I will say it. No, a non-BCS school should be in the running. What good is it to play? To go to the bowls that don't freaking matter, just as their conference is.

As I said before, if NU would have a schedule of 1 top dog then the rest high school teams as Boise has, we would be considered a joke. Look at the Big12 now. People are already predicting that a no loss team from there will be over looked for the MNC because of how their conference is already becoming easy.

How the hell was colorado ranked 14th! I don't remember that at all. They lost to Fresno State and 41-7 to Texas. I must be getting old... :facepalm:

You're kidding, right? A 2 loss team late in the season from a major conference is almost always going to be ranked. Plus, by the time the final BCS came out they were 3rd or 4th, having won the conference by beating Texas in the rematch.

LOL. That is what is so funny when people diss the conferences Boise St. plays in and forgets from 2000-2010 we basically played in a WAC, MWC division. The only teams we really had to worry about was Texas and Oklahoma. All the rest of the teams were flash in pan types and never really sustained success. Was there any doubt last season who would win the North Division? I didn't have any. Anyone who calls Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Colorado, and Missouri a tough schedule is high. All those teams are on par with WAC and MWC teams. Face it we were the North when we were good. When we weren't the North sucked really bad. We did have a sweet deal in the Big 12, just kick the sh#t out of the teams we had for decades and play for the Big 12 Championship and a BCS game. Now we actually have 3 legit teams in our division that are capable of giving us a good game plus Penn St.

LOL. That is what is so funny when people diss the conferences Boise St. plays in and forgets from 2000-2010 we basically played in a WAC, MWC division. The only teams we really had to worry about was Texas and Oklahoma. All the rest of the teams were flash in pan types and never really sustained success. Was there any doubt last season who would win the North Division? I didn't have any. Anyone who calls Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Colorado, and Missouri a tough schedule is high. All those teams are on par with WAC and MWC teams. Face it we were the North when we were good. When we weren't the North sucked really bad. We did have a sweet deal in the Big 12, just kick the sh#t out of the teams we had for decades and play for the Big 12 Championship and a BCS game. Now we actually have 3 legit teams in our division that are capable of giving us a good game plus Penn St.

Sorry, but even Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa State recruit better talent than San Jose State, New Mexico State, Idaho, Utah State, Lousiana Tech, ect.

Let's not kid ourselves here. What you're saying is just blatantly not true.

Sorry, but even Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa State recruit better talent than San Jose State, New Mexico State, Idaho, Utah State, Lousiana Tech, ect.

You also picked the bottom feeders from the WAC too. Try comparing them to Utah, TCU, BYU, Boise St, Fresno St, Nevada. Let's not kid ourselves what i am saying is blatantly true.

You also picked the bottom feeders from the WAC too. Try comparing them to Utah, TCU, BYU, Boise St, Fresno St, Nevada. Let's not kid ourselves what i am saying is blatantly true.

Well, Boise State won't have to play Utah, BYU, or suprise, suprise Boise State. And they'll only have to play TCU once, at home. That leaves Fresno State and Nevada. Those are the top schools they've had to play. Nebrasa had to play the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Missouri.... you're really grasping at straws if you're honestly trying to say Boise State's conference schedule is anywhere close to what Nebraska faced in the Big XII. Stop that.

And yes, I did compare the bottom feeders to the bottom feeders, and the top dogs to the top dogs. It's the only comparison that makes sense.

The fact of the matter is, do you know for a fact that Boise is worse than say Auburn? No.

You honestly think Boise woulda went undefeated in the SEC last year? They couldn't even go undefeated in the WAC ffs.

I didn't say were they better last year. I was speaking hypothetically if Boise goes undefeated, we have no way of knowing they're better or worse other than playing the game. I don't believe they would've went undefeated in the SEC last year, no. I don't even like Boise, heck, I was thrilled when Nevada beat them, so I'm really playing devil's advocate more than anything, but I still think it's wrong to just write off teams in 5 conferences before a down of football is even played.

How the hell was colorado ranked 14th! I don't remember that at all. They lost to Fresno State and 41-7 to Texas. I must be getting old... :facepalm:

You're kidding, right? A 2 loss team late in the season from a major conference is almost always going to be ranked. Plus, by the time the final BCS came out they were 3rd or 4th, having won the conference by beating Texas in the rematch.

No no...I'm not saying ranked...I'm saying 14th! They lost to a WAC school and got pounded by texas...this was BEFORE they beat us and Texas. I mean who did they beat to deserve that ranking at that point in the season? Kstate? Can't believe I'm arguing a ranking 10 years old...

The fact of the matter is, do you know for a fact that Boise is worse than say Auburn? No.

You honestly think Boise woulda went undefeated in the SEC last year? They couldn't even go undefeated in the WAC ffs.

I didn't say were they better last year. I was speaking hypothetically if Boise goes undefeated, we have no way of knowing they're better or worse other than playing the game. I don't believe they would've went undefeated in the SEC last year, no. I don't even like Boise, heck, I was thrilled when Nevada beat them, so I'm really playing devil's advocate more than anything, but I still think it's wrong to just write off teams in 5 conferences before a down of football is even played.

Absolutely right. That's the abject stupidity of the system we have right now is that we basically write off a number of teams automatically just because of the conference they happen to be in. And no, it's not right. Again, the reason we need a sixteen team playoff, to allow an auto berth from every conference, and allow the one or two loss teams that are best into the playoff as well. Then we decide it on the field, and not leave a big chunk of teams outside the competition before the season even begins.

• Fire 1

If Boise wants to be taken seriously, they need to schedule some tougher competition in their non-con and not look down their noses at offers to play a 2-1 against big boy schools. Sure, we don't technically know who is actually better in your hypothetical situation, but we do know it's bullcrap to give them a crack at the national title when they didn't have to play anyone to get there.

No no...I'm not saying ranked...I'm saying 14th! They lost to a WAC school and got pounded by texas...this was BEFORE they beat us and Texas. I mean who did they beat to deserve that ranking at that point in the season? Kstate? Can't believe I'm arguing a ranking 10 years old...

LOL, me neither. But I did a brief look back and saw that they were ranked behind 3 2-loss teams, Fresno also beat Oregon St and had 2 losses at this point, Texas had 1. CU's biggest win was probably A&M.

My comeback question to people who ask how a team is ranked so high is to ask who would be ranked ahead of them, and why? I don't think either one of us wants to bother figuring that out about 2001. People have a perception of what a top 10 or top 15 team is supposed to be like, but if there aren't 10 or 15 teams that meet your criteria, they aren't going to leave those spots blank, they will put what you may consider lesser teams there.

Last year Virginia Tech had losses to a WAC team and an FCS team and was ranked 13th at that point in the season. I think that's just where 2 loss teams with a rep tend to be late in the year.