No more expanding!

MichiganMan

To me it makes sense to either add Notre Dame and someone like Pittsburg or Mizzou. Pittsburg would get you into that east coast market, Mizzou would get you into the large Kansas City/St. Louis market and Notre Dame has a national following. Rutgers would also get you into the east coast market. That's what it comes down to....................money.

I just hope the B10 stands pat at 12 or is proactive in getting good programs. At this point it looks like SEC is getting A&M and possibly OU, Missouri. I don't want the B10 to settle on Kansas, Pitt and Rutgers. The only attractive programs for the B10 that make sense are ND and Missouri and maybe Maryland. OU, Texas or other ACC programs are not realistic.

Kansas would make more sense than Missouri. Kansas basketball is huge and makes up for their football program. Kansas is one of the select schools where basketball is bigger than football. Out of those four schools listed i would rather take a dominant Kansas basketball team over mediocre teams like Mizzou, Rugters, and Pitt in both sports.

Kansas would make more sense than Missouri. Kansas basketball is huge and makes up for their football program. Kansas is one of the select schools where basketball is bigger than football. Out of those four schools listed i would rather take a dominant Kansas basketball team over mediocre teams like Mizzou, Rugters, and Pitt in both sports.

I could live with Kansas for their Bball and they are ok in FB. The Big East teams (Pitt, Rutgets, Syracuse) are buzz killers if you ask me.

I could live with Kansas for their Bball and they are ok in FB. The Big East teams (Pitt, Rutgets, Syracuse) are buzz killers if you ask me.

agreed Kansas would be cool with me, but i would think the B1G is probably looking at schools on the east coast....maybe a Boston College??

Why water down the conference. The B1G just got a huge boost in respect and power rating adding the 4th winningest program in ncaa history. I think the SEC is making a mistake adding Texas A&M. They're ok and I get the texas footprint argument but the SEC already has the highest paid tv contract. I think you're watering things down.

I guess I see it this way. B1G<SEC B1G+Nebraska=SEC (or pretty darn close) Texas A&M<top SEC teams Nebraska=top B1G teams

It's like the big12 getting excited about adding Fresno state or the Pac adding Cu. Utah wasn't even a big win like Nebraska was. Outside of adding a school like OU, Texas, or ND no conference will equal what the B1G did.

Has ND expressed any interest in joining a conference? Last I knew, they were happy being independent.

if a conference like the Big 12 were willing to allow ND to keep there own tv contract with NBC and create a new network + give notre dame some conference tv revenue i could see them jumping over to the Big 12, the B1G is too smart to give all that up for ND

The Big 10 waited 20 years to add another after Penn State in 1990. I don't see them rushing into anything any time soon.

they might have to make a quick decision if the SEC or Pac 12 start expanding to 14 to 16 teams to keep up with them tho, i don't think its the same situation as it used to be

Has ND expressed any interest in joining a conference? Last I knew, they were happy being independent.

if a conference like the Big 12 were willing to allow ND to keep there own tv contract with NBC and create a new network + give notre dame some conference tv revenue i could see them jumping over to the Big 12, the B1G is too smart to give all that up for ND

Thing is, I just don't see the tv-deal as being as important as folks think. ND gets nice coverage but the payout for it isn't nearly as lucrative as folks think. ND has their own tv-deal because they're independent, and like it that way. They aren't independent for the sake of their own tv-deal.