Husker Depth Chart for UT-Chat

Jaybird

MARLOWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moreinteresting

Who is Seung Hoon Choi? :dunno

Brent Qvale goes from possible opening game starter last year to 3rd Team this year?

Choi is a walkon. He was close to getting playing time last year but minor injuries kept him from cracking the depth chart. He did suit up for games normally and I think I remember him being on the traveling roster later in the season when our O-Line had 9000 injuries. Good kid tho.

Who is Seung Hoon Choi? :dunno

A 300lbs boulder of muscle. Choi is one of those freakishly strong kids who has gotten better with time in football.

I have also heard that Choi is one of the stongest players on the team. Could be short arms though....

I was surprised to see Thompsen at tackle and Santos at MLB. Of course the Santos thing might be insurance only.

And zero game time experience.

That won't be the case this time tomorrow, young lad. Also, don't argue with da skers. He's a wizard. Just agree with him and move on.

I do understand your reservations about young offensive lineman. In a perfect world they would always redshirt their Freshman year and face the #1 defensive line in practice everyday.

I see Dennard is listed #1 at CB, but he's not playing, right? I haven't heard that Bo is happy enough with his leg to put him out there. Anyone have the lowdown on that?

He's not expected to. Game time decision.

:o :o :o :o

"On the injury front, Pelini confirmed after practice that senior cornerback Alfonzo Dennard will not play on Saturday because of a leg injury."

I would say da skers was wrong about something, but then Bo would probably change his mind and have Dennard start.

Which part of "isn't expected to" did you misunderstand?

You said he's not expected to and that it's a game time decision. Bo said on Thursday, not Saturday at 2:30, that he's not playing. Not sure what about that is a misunderstanding on my part.

But none of that is important considering it was a joke, Mr. Defensive. I like reading your posts and it's fun that there was a slight discrepancy for once.

Wide Receiver (A)

(#6) Tim Marlowe, 5-10, 175, Jr., Youngstown, Ohio

(#10) Jamal Turner, 6-1, 180, Fr., Arlington, Texas

(#80) Kenny Bell, 6-1, 180, RFr., Boulder, Colo.

If we knew yesterday that some combination of these three guys would be the top three WR(A) I'll bet nobody on this board (including me) would have come up with 1-2-3 as Marlow then Turner then Bell.

I had Turner in the top 4 with BK, QE and Bell (Bell being #2 at most spots) and Marlow behind Turner at the (A)receiver. Marlow isn't the play maker (on paper) that Turner is but apparently is a quality blocker. I would think that would signal a lot more running and quick slants and use of the tight end coming across the middle where you need a down field guy able to push people down field later in the play.

Fisher says he likes his top 6 and will rotate lots of bodies in. I guess we'll see.

Marlowe starting might also be a way to keep the true frosh from getting too hyped. Or we just need better blocking on the outside - JT is smallish.

I thought nothing happened to Dennard...Hmmm. Points of interest:

* Enunwa starts at WR (Z). Marlowe at WR(A) I wouldn't consider a starter. With Cotton and Reed, we'll be running 1 TE and 2 TE sets a lot more than we will 3 WR sets. And in a 3WR set, will Marlowe really be the one in over SJB and Kenny Bell?

* Seung Hoon Choi 2nd-string at LG. We have heard some about this kid before, but not in the context of actual playing time or approaching the 2-deep. Stronger than Suh, wasn't he?

* Pensick at 2nd-string C. Spencer Long and Jake Cotton at right guard.

* True freshman Tyler Moore drawing the start over senior Marcel Jones at RT.

* JUCO transfer Joseph Carter is 3rd string at DE, while Jason Ankrah is listed as "OR" with Eric Martin.

* Trevor Roach, 2nd-string MIKE.

* "Dime" spot listed on depth, with Blatchford and Thorrell. No "Nickel" spot. What does that mean?

* Courtney Osborne - OR - Damion Stafford.

Wide Receiver (A)

(#6) Tim Marlowe, 5-10, 175, Jr., Youngstown, Ohio

(#10) Jamal Turner, 6-1, 180, Fr., Arlington, Texas

(#80) Kenny Bell, 6-1, 180, RFr., Boulder, Colo.

If we knew yesterday that some combination of these three guys would be the top three WR(A) I'll bet nobody on this board (including me) would have come up with 1-2-3 as Marlow then Turner then Bell.

I had Turner in the top 4 with BK, QE and Bell (Bell being #2 at most spots) and Marlow behind Turner at the (A)receiver. Marlow isn't the play maker (on paper) that Turner is but apparently is a quality blocker. I would think that would signal a lot more running and quick slants and use of the tight end coming across the middle where you need a down field guy able to push people down field later in the play.

Fisher says he likes his top 6 and will rotate lots of bodies in. I guess we'll see.

I thought we got rid of Ted Gilmore..... :dunno

I thought nothing happened to Dennard...Hmmm.

I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain mods aren't supposed to troll.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm trolling.

I was just assuming you're still attacking that straw man for the sake of being eristic. I guess I didn't even consider the possibility that you actually thought nothing happened to Dennard.