Gary Pinkel Blasts Dan Beebe On Radio Show

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel went on Tim Brando's Yahoo! radio show on Friday and had this to say:

"Obviously, we have some issues in our league. When you have Nebraska leave one year. Colorado leaves. Also now Texas A&M. Three really good football teams. … You know, we’ve got some issues. Without question there’s some issues that other leagues don’t have. You don’t hear anything about any other league in the country having these kind of problems. We all know where it starts. Mike Alden’s not the point man here. Dan Beebe is. Dan Beebe’s our commissioner. He’s the guy to ask. I don’t know what they’re going to do. I’m just focusing now on winning the football game. … There’s just no one in the country, no other league in the country, where this stuff goes on. And it’s really a shame because the potential of the league is just so tremendous. Anyway, I have no control over it. We’re just trying to beat Miami [Ohio]."

Pinkel has some big cajones. Good for him!

And now (finally) begins the narrative of Beebe's incompetence. Perhaps Beebe's incompetence (malfeasance?) will be Missouri's "Get out of the Big XII Free" card?

Beebe is ultimately bullet-proof, just so long as he doesn't commit a felony, publicly deny the Holocaust (and have it recorded for posterity), and continues to route all league issues through Dodd's office.

And this is really the first we've heard Missouri speak up. If Pinkel feels this way, I'm sure his admin has much more venom and vitrol for the idiot, and they're using it to make a move.

KC radio commentator on the Pinkel interview:

"Well I always said Colorado and Nebraska had other motives but blamed Texas as a scapegoat. And A&M I said was just petty sour grapes. But now Pinkel says this and I think its really about Texas. Why don't the Big 12 just get together and put this behind them and come together for the common good?"

Where's the emoticon for shooting one's self in the head?

Makes you wonder if Mizzou has plans to leave the party soon.

I suspect every team in the SWC Part II is making plans. They'd be fools not to. With A&M gone and Oklahoma considering it (and I strongly suspect that they wouldn't even announce they were considering it unless they had something almost line up already), that conference will only have one "national" team. I just don't see it being a BCS conference under those circumstances - or being able to retain much in the way of national TV rights.

but but but, they are going to get BYU, ND and Air Force.

/sarcasm.

At least someone has finally stopped cowering to Beebe and Dodds. If Pinkle is not having any care about making this public it really does show that there's quite an issue internally in the Big 12. I figured it would be gone in 2014-2015 but it looks like this will be the final year of the Big 12.