OU is shopping around!!

AgMarauder04

If I was OU, I would give pac12 the ultimatum. You take Texas, we will go to the next conference. A win/win IMO.

I would be very surprised if OU goes to the Pac 12. IMO, OU would fit nicely in the SEC. Unfortunately, I just don't see OU going to the SEC only because it would mean they would most likely have to accept their little brother, OSU

So speculation is Mizzou, FSU, A&M, Va Tech to the SEC. KU, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse or ND to the B1G. Texas, OU, Tech, oSu to the Pac and 32 other teams split into 2 other conferences. Making it 80 teams in a 5 conference league. Then cutting away from the NCAA, starting an 8 team playoff and handling all violations in a different manner with their set of rules.

The PAC-12 network model is different from the B1G in that they are launching multiple regional networks. LHN would fit right into the PAC-12 model if TX would just share its network with Texas Tech. So if ESPN is willing to renegotiate the network deal (which they might be struggling as it is) it's not really an obstacle to PAC-12 expansion.

Hi everyone, new to the board.

If the Pac takes OU, OSU, TU, and TTU, my thoughts are that Missouri and Kansas go Big East. Or Missouri goes SEC and Kansas goes Big East. Baylor will end up in WAC, or Conf USA. ISU and KSU will either end up Indy, MAC or Conf USA.

But I think before we jump to breaking down the conference, Beebe will announce bringing in BYU and SMU to patch the leaks before talks of PAC 16 come true.

Justice is sweet.

I am not feeling like your old conference mate Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State have done anything to deserve this. I feel the most bad for Iowa State, they are probably the most likely to get screwed and they ar ea good school with good fans. They are a bit small, but I like their spirit. These regional conference are what made college football great. I really think that in the long term, they are killing the golden goose. (ok, maybe just weakening it, but still)

No more UT - A&M

No more KU - MU

No more A&M - Tech

Maybe KU doesn't even play K-state

I know you all lost your OU game a while back, but that doesn't make it good for more of these games to go... Nebraska has such a strong tradition on its own, but these games are a lynchpin for college football. Losing them and now ahving fans not live near any rivals, having 3 hou roadtrips become 12, that is not good. We don't want college football to just be the NFL minor league, it is better than the NFL, because of the real differences it is now shedding.

Justice is sweet.

I am not feeling like your old conference mate Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State have done anything to deserve this. I feel the most bad for Iowa State, they are probably the most likely to get screwed and they ar ea good school with good fans. They are a bit small, but I like their spirit. These regional conference are what made college football great. I really think that in the long term, they are killing the golden goose. (ok, maybe just weakening it, but still)

No more UT - A&M

No more KU - MU

No more A&M - Tech

I know you all lost your OU game a while back, but that doesn't make it good for more of these games to go... Nebraska has such a strong tradition on its own, but these games are a lynchpin for college football. Losing them and now ahving fans not live near any rivals, having 3 hou roadtrips become 12, that is not good. We don't want college football to just be the NFL minor league, it is better than the NFL, because of the real differences it is now shedding.

Jayhawk,

All of the teams bear some blame in this. There were many, many opportunities where conference votes could have gone in a way that wouldn't have given all this power to Texas. I realize that hind sight is 20/20, but each one of those votes began to crumble the foundation of the conference. From day one of the Big XII votes went in manner that weakened the conference, pushed the power to Texas and look what you all have now. So to say that KU, KSU & ISU haven't done anything to deserve this, I have to respectfully disagree and say that you all (along with all the other teams that sided with the power shift towards Texas) are getting exactly what you deserve.

Justice is sweet.

No more UT - A&M

No more KU - MU

No more A&M - Tech

Jayhawk,

All of the teams bear some blame in this. There were many, many opportunities where conference votes could have gone in a way that wouldn't have given all this power to Texas. I realize that hind sight is 20/20, but each one of those votes began to crumble the foundation of the conference. From day one of the Big XII votes went in manner that weakened the conference, pushed the power to Texas and look what you all have now. So to say that KU, KSU & ISU haven't done anything to deserve this, I have to respectfully disagree and say that you all (along with all the other teams that sided with the power shift towards Texas) are getting exactly what you deserve.

That is some revisionist history. Everyone votes, that is true (I think Husker fans are not remembering how they voted, including on taking Texas), but I am thinking that to say people are getting "exactly what they deserve" is a bit over the top. I don't think the Huskers fought all the changes. The holier than thou attitude is quaint but is based more in bitterness than any sort of facts. Kansas has been a good conference mate and rival, as I would say K-State and Iowa State have. I don't think they deserve this at all. I just think you feel better saying it because you guy are warm and snug in your bed in the Big 10 and some of your old friends are gonna get screwed. I actually think KU won't come off to badly, other than being seperated from rivals and being diminished in that way, but that won't change my opinion on this if a team like Iowa State is left without a chair.

Justice is sweet.

No more UT - A&M

No more KU - MU

No more A&M - Tech

Jayhawk,

That is some revisionist history. Everyone votes, that is true (I think Husker fans are not remembering how they voted, including on taking Texas), but I am thinking that to say people are getting "exactly what they deserve" is a bit over the top. I don't think the Huskers fought all the changes. The holier than thou attitude is quaint but is based more in bitterness than any sort of facts. Kansas has been a good conference mate and rival, as I would say K-State and Iowa State have. I don't think they deserve this at all. I just think you feel better saying it because you guy are warm and snug in your bed in the Big 10 and some of your old friends are gonna get screwed. I actually think KU won't come off to badly, other than being seperated from rivals and being diminished in that way, but that won't change my opinion on this if a team like Iowa State is left without a chair.

Okay, let me make sure I understand this correctly. Voting to join with the Texas four and make the Big XII is the same as voting to continue to allow the power to shift to the south? There were many things that Nebraska voted against because they felt it would not only hurt Nebraska, but would also hurt the overall balance of the conference. I know they initially voted for uneven revenue, but as the face of college football began to change and the difference between the have's and have not's got bigger and bigger they also said that revenues should be shared. How did the votes go to move the conference offices? Conference championship game? The hiring of the current leadership in the Big XII offices? From the very beginning of the Big XII the votes went the way Texas wanted. There are many other votes that have been chronicled before that went to the South's benefit most of which were 11-1 votes with Nebraska the sole dissenting vote. Even last year when Nebraska called Texas on the carpet about media rights where was everyone else on that? Oh I know Nebraska wanted to create their own network, but they were willing to give that up to help keep the conference together, wouldn't that have been a perfect time to tell Texas no?

Hmm, Nebraska is all warm and snuggled in their warm B1G bed, which is true. Perhaps you should give Nebraska the credit they deserve, they saw this problem and did something about it. They also saw problems all along the way and tried to solve them, but they didn't get any help. Maybe it's time for everyone to finally admit Nebraska was right and a hell of a lot smarter than the rest of those left suckling and the teat of Bevo and now might be out in the cold as far as landing in the most lucrative and stable conference affiliations.

I'm not saying that Nebraska was perfect in this whole deal, but the rest of the north (and south too) are the ones that ultimately allowed this enormous power shift to happen and now you get to live with it.

Justice is sweet.

No more UT - A&M

No more KU - MU

No more A&M - Tech

Jayhawk,

Okay, let me make sure I understand this correctly. Voting to join with the Texas four and make the Big XII is the same as voting to continue to allow the power to shift to the south? There were many things that Nebraska voted against because they felt it would not only hurt Nebraska, but would also hurt the overall balance of the conference. I know they initially voted for uneven revenue, but as the face of college football began to change and the difference between the have's and have not's got bigger and bigger they also said that revenues should be shared. How did the votes go to move the conference offices? Conference championship game? The hiring of the current leadership in the Big XII offices? From the very beginning of the Big XII the votes went the way Texas wanted. There are many other votes that have been chronicled before that went to the South's benefit most of which were 11-1 votes with Nebraska the sole dissenting vote. Even last year when Nebraska called Texas on the carpet about media rights where was everyone else on that? Oh I know Nebraska wanted to create their own network, but they were willing to give that up to help keep the conference together, wouldn't that have been a perfect time to tell Texas no?

Hmm, Nebraska is all warm and snuggled in their warm B1G bed, which is true. Perhaps you should give Nebraska the credit they deserve, they saw this problem and did something about it. They also saw problems all along the way and tried to solve them, but they didn't get any help. Maybe it's time for everyone to finally admit Nebraska was right and a hell of a lot smarter than the rest of those left suckling and the teat of Bevo and now might be out in the cold as far as landing in the most lucrative and stable conference affiliations.

I'm not saying that Nebraska was perfect in this whole deal, but the rest of the north (and south too) are the ones that ultimately allowed this enormous power shift to happen and now you get to live with it.

I sort of doubt KU wanted the office to move from KC, and I could go through each one. I am not saying Nebraska is evil and all to blame, but they had some responsibility. SOME (not all) Nebraska fans think everyone who did not where an N on their cap prlotted against them and is all to blame and that Nebraska is the only one who deserves a good end. That is just rationilizing your part (I would say larger than some other schools parts) , and is rather lame, but if it makes you feel better that is cool I guess. I am saying that you all being in the Big 10 and Iowa State possibly getting screwed is not becuase you deserve all fruit and flowers and they deserve suck. They just are getting screwed. Northwestern would be in deep doo if the Big10 had this happen, Vandy and Miss. State in the SEC, Wash St. in the Pac 10. Each conference has a team that is mostly a little smaller and less sexy, and if their confernece exploded it would be bad for them and there is not much they could do. I wish Texas had been lot more collaborative and less power playing, had they we would not be where we are. A&M's move is the biggest condmenation of that, as it reaffirms Nebraska's point. None of this means that these small schools caused it. They were pretty much between a rock and a hard place.

Everyone that's ever been in that league has some responsibility for where it is now and how it is ending.

I don't think most people are so petty as to think any of the old big 8 teams deserve to get ditched with very few options. I do think however that Nebraska(ns) believe(s) it/they forecasted the southern power shift of the league when it was formed and Texas was threatening to go the PAC, even back then, if they didn't get their way.

I sort of doubt KU wanted the office to move from KC, and I could go through each one. I am not saying Nebraska is evil and all to blame, but they had some responsibility. SOME (not all) Nebraska fans think everyone who did not where an N on their cap prlotted against them and is all to blame and that Nebraska is the only one who deserves a good end. That is just rationilizing your part (I would say larger than some other schools parts) , and is rather lame, but if it makes you feel better that is cool I guess. I am saying that you all being in the Big 10 and Iowa State possibly getting screwed is not becuase you deserve all fruit and flowers and they deserve suck. They just are getting screwed. Northwestern would be in deep doo if the Big10 had this happen, Vandy and Miss. State in the SEC, Wash St. in the Pac 10. Each conference has a team that is mostly a little smaller and less sexy, and if their confernece exploded it would be bad for them and there is not much they could do. I wish Texas had been lot more collaborative and less power playing, had they we would not be where we are. A&M's move is the biggest condmenation of that, as it reaffirms Nebraska's point. None of this means that these small schools caused it. They were pretty much between a rock and a hard place.

Kansas voted right along side Texas in all the votings because they wanted the Big 12 Championship Basketball Tournament permanently moved to Kansas City. KU realized that they suck in football so KU was looking out for their bball team. If Kansas would have voted against Texas than the bball tourney would have also moved down to Texas. So yes, Kansas is to blame if they get left out in the cold.

KU, KSU, ISU, MU and others are gonna get whats coming to them. Does it suck? Sure. Do I or most other Husker fans care what happens? Probably not. You say people are going to miss games like KU vs MU? I dont think so. That, and games like it, are nice little games played on Fox Sports Regional. They don't get their highlights replayed on SportsCenter. And no one outside of the Big 12 footprint cares.

Kansas voted right along side Texas in all the votings because they wanted the Big 12 Championship Basketball Tournament permanently moved to Kansas City. KU realized that they suck in football so KU was looking out for their bball team. If Kansas would have voted against Texas than the bball tourney would have also moved down to Texas. So yes, Kansas is to blame if they get left out in the cold.

KU, KSU, ISU, MU and others are gonna get whats coming to them. Does it suck? Sure. Do I or most other Husker fans care what happens? Probably not. You say people are going to miss games like KU vs MU? I dont think so. That, and games like it, are nice little games played on Fox Sports Regional. They don't get their highlights replayed on SportsCenter. And no one outside of the Big 12 footprint cares.

Nebraska isn't the Steeler my man. All of college football is built on those quaint little games. In 20 years if College football is just the glorified minor leagues, you will have the Omaha ROyals and the Nebraska Chiefs... The arrogance driping through in your demeaning comments sound a bit like it comes out of Austin, hmmm, Just sayin.

• Fire 1