OU is shopping around!!

AgMarauder04

Here we go...

The Big 12 appears on the verge of coming undone because Oklahoma is shopping around, and if the Sooners go, the lights can be turned off. That could happen as soon as Monday and no later than a couple of weeks from now.

“My experience is that, in these kinds of things, it might be a matter of 72 hours, it might be a matter of two weeks,” OU President David Boren said Friday. “I don’t really think this is something that’s going to linger on beyond two or three weeks, from the outside.”

Boren left zero doubt that the Sooners are gauging their options, which almost certainly means that conversations with the Pac 12 have begun.

“The Big 12 is not the same Big 12,” Boren said. “I was extremely disappointed when Nebraska departed. Disappointed when Colorado departed.”

He said he attempted to persuade Texas A&M not to leave.

Boren said the Sooners want a strong, stable conference. Bob Stoops has all but said he has no interest in being part of a diminished Big 12.

There's more in the article...

And here's another one...

The cookie crumbles, I wonder which teams the B1G will take out of this mess.

I was wondering the same thing. During halftime of the TCU/Baylor game, they were saying OU is in talks with multiple conferences, but I have a feeling they're either going to the Pac12 or SEC. It'd be pretty nice if they joined the B1G though. I just hope the B1G acts fast and don't miss out on the better teams in the Big 12-2-1 and end up with KU, KSU, and Iowa St.