OU is shopping around!!

AgMarauder04

“Without question there are some issues that other leagues don’t have. You don’t hear anything about any other league in the country having these problems. And we all know where it starts

I thought this quote by Gary Pinkel was very telling. This was already pointed out in one of the other threads too.

Boomer wants to go west coast(Pac 12) supposedly. This, however, can't be true because Chip Brown didn't "break" the story.

I just don't think OU fits well with the Pac-12. I think OU would fit in well with the SEC. I think they could be competitive there. However, I don't think the SEC would allow OU to bring their little brothers along (OSU).

Boomer wants to go west coast(Pac 12) supposedly. This, however, can't be true because Chip Brown didn't "break" the story.

Found this

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe convened a conference call late Friday afternoon with a handful of his conference's presidents to discuss the increasing possibility that Oklahoma wants to bolt the Big 12 for the Pac-12, multiple sources said.

Texas president Bill Powers, Oklahoma president David Boren and Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin were excluded from the call, sources said. But Beebe advised the other presidents in the Big 12 to "work on Texas" to get the Longhorns to stay in the Big 12, sources said.

It's Beebe's belief that if Texas refuses to go to the Pac-12 that Oklahoma would not get a bid from the Pac-12, sources said. But another source close to the situation said if Oklahoma and Oklahoma State indicated to the Pac-12 that they wanted to be a part of that league, they would be admitted.

Sooooo...is it OU wanting to leave or is it UT?

Or is this a ploy by OU to eliminate UT's chances of retaining the LHN

Sources said the Longhorns have been actively working to hold the Big 12 together. Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and OU athletic director Joe Castiglione are on the five-member Big 12 expansion committee charged with looking for new members to join the Big 12. But if Oklahoma bolts, Texas would consider the Big 12 dead and probably follow the Sooners to the Pac-12.

When I texted a key source close to Texas Friday night if the Longhorns were preparing to head to the Pac-12 with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, the source texted back, "Leaning that way." The source later said there was a "50 to 60 percent" chance those schools would end up in the Pac-12.

Why does everyone think KU is a weak college? Football, yes. Basketball, no. KU would put the Big 10 up in ranks with other conferences with their basketball program.

And we all know we would rather have KU then KSU.

Because FOOTBALL drives the money, basketball is very small potatoes compared to football in generating revenue. Make no mistake about it, conference expansion is driven by three things MONEY, MONEY & MONEY. That is why you don't hear much about KU. In fact you actually pointed out why KU is being left out of the talks. "Why does everyone think KU is a weak college? Football, yes." That my friend says it all right there.

And so it starts, I guess I don't care much anymore and the writer seemed a bit to indignant for me to care much about his domes day outlook. The problem with the big 12 now is the sex appeal is way down and will contiue to fall. It is no wonder teams may hold back even with Okie staying it may be missery who leaves and that would be another hit and overall the league falters.

Why does everyone think KU is a weak college? Football, yes. Basketball, no. KU would put the Big 10 up in ranks with other conferences with their basketball program.

nobody gives two sh*ts about basketball. if basketball made any money at all, KU would have been snapped up in a heartbeat last year.

nobody gives two sh*ts about basketball. if basketball made any money at all, KU would have been snapped up in a heartbeat last year.

The thing about basketball is you do not have to be in a power conference to make the national title game. Was it James Madison plus a bunch of other "cinderellas" that have done well in the March Madness