OU is shopping around!!

AgMarauder04

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would Texas be in talks with the Pac 12 when the then Pac 10 make it clear to Texas they would not be allowed to have their own network?

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would Texas be in talks with the Pac 12 when the then Pac 10 make it clear to Texas they would not be allowed to have their own network?

The answer is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I went out to some of the other boasrds last night around the Big 12, funny how they see everything like we did last year.the tone has completely changed..its not about NU cant play in this league anymore, its about texas ruining its second conference....OU boards are pleading that if TU goes with them to Pac , they do not keep their network and dictate to the league..where the hell were these jack#&@es last 2 years when we were saying the same thing. even some said he now wished they would have kicked TU out of the leageue and kept NU and wnent on an expansion tear...

living in KC and growing up in Big 8 country , I really miss all the local games, fans, talk, etc...but oh well that was then..

its all seems to be a big waste because of the complete incompetence of the Big 12 leadership and a bunch of schools willing to be led around by their nose....ISU, KU, KSU, MU, etc. etc.

I thought the hangup last time around with the super-Pac was UT not willing to give broadcast rights to the conference? So now that they have a long term deal with EPSN for the LNH, how is that going to work? I'm done with the bitterness towards UT, but I still feel sorry for anyone forced into an association with their school, all the BS that comes with that, and now yearly conference instability.

Why does everyone think KU is a weak college? Football, yes. Basketball, no. KU would put the Big 10 up in ranks with other conferences with their basketball program.

And we all know we would rather have KU then KSU.

Because FOOTBALL drives the money, basketball is very small potatoes compared to football in generating revenue. Make no mistake about it, conference expansion is driven by three things MONEY, MONEY & MONEY. That is why you don't hear much about KU. In fact you actually pointed out why KU is being left out of the talks. "Why does everyone think KU is a weak college? Football, yes." That my friend says it all right there.

Because Basketball isn't a sport and most Americans could give two sh**s about Basketball.

When the NFL went into a lockout the fans were outraged and the lockout was wide talked about throughout all media outlets for several months. The NBA looks like its going through a lockout and you'll hear media outlets talk about it once in a while but there really hasn't been an outcry from the NBA fans that they could miss the 11' NBA season compared to the NFL lockout.