(Poll) The Spread is Out

Week Two  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our offense has been scouted pretty well by teams with mediocre defenses before, and when you get down to brass tacks, when it's Beck or Watson, if you stop Martinez you stop Nebraska. Of course that's all assuming a lot out of just week 1. The person I want to make the biggest stride from week one to two is Beck, not doing things like stubborn play calling. If he's in his groove and getting the offense to be aggressive like he wants, I'll take NU. But for logic's sake, I'll take Fresno to beat 28.

With what I saw out of Martinez last week, I don't think that he has improved much, if any, on his pocket presence from last year. If I am Fresno St, I am watching game film from last year's Big XII CCG. OU stacked the box and forced Taylor to make poor decisions. Granted, Fresno isn't nearly as talented as OU, but I think if they employ a similar defensive game plan, then they could give our offense trouble and keep the score closer than a lot of husker fans would like.

I was very disappointed from what I saw out of Taylor last week. He still seems extremely uncomfortable in the pocket...when he drops back, it looks like he's stepping on glass. I haven't seen such poor footwork since Joe Dailey. There were several times where the line gave him a nice pocket, he'd look down field for a couple of seconds and decide to tuck it and run it. Sure, he got a few good yards, but UTC was severely over matched. That sort of decision making will not fly when we visit Camp Randall or when Ohio State comes to town. He needs to stay in the pocket, wait for the play to develop and put the ball in play. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Taylor, I love the guy, but until he improves his pocket presence, poise and decision making, I fear we're not going to be a contender for the B1G championship. We will once again live and die by the homerun play and we'll face many defenses that will make us one dimensional.

If our first couple OOC games truly are "glorified practices", then I'd like to see Taylor throw the ball 30+ times this week. It's an area that MUST be improved upon if we're going to be contender this year.

I don't see last year's SDSU at all.

But 28 is a lot of pts.....not sure if I take that as the Bulldogs frequently gear up for road games.

This

Won't be the SDSU game by any stretch, we'll come to play, and we'll execute better. That said, after losing the opener Fresno will battle. I think we probably come-up a hair short of covering.

Neb 38

Fresno 13

I don't see last year's SDSU at all.

But 28 is a lot of pts.....not sure if I take that as the Bulldogs frequently gear up for road games.

This

Won't be the SDSU game by any stretch, we'll come to play, and we'll execute better. That said, after losing the opener Fresno will battle. I think we probably come-up a hair short of covering.

Neb 38

Fresno 13

i'd be pretty happy with that.

Me too.

I hope nobody takes my criticisms the wrong way. I am not expecting perfection, and am looking forward to watching this team gel together and improve. I expect things to be rocky, but hopefully we'll pull through and get the W's, which is all that counts. 38-13 sounds about right.

I am a degenerate gambler and I never put money on my favorite team but they will cover by scoring in the same fashion as last week with maybe one or two more seeing eye touchdowns because of an inept opponent....final score 55-16...but the surest bet is that many will be bitching about another lackluster offensive showing and that TM looks lost in the pocket and has a serious case of "happy feet". I hope I am wrong and the O-line comes out blasting away and TM looks like he is comfortable in his own skin. GBR! :thumbs

We could hang half a hundred on Fresno if Bo wanted to, and hold them to nil. But the agenda, I think, is to get PT for young guys and tinker with the offense. All the while not showing much on defense. Still I think we beat the spread. It could just be the Kool-Aid talking though.