(Poll) The Spread is Out

Week Two  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With what I saw out of Martinez last week, I don't think that he has improved much, if any, on his pocket presence from last year. If I am Fresno St, I am watching game film from last year's Big XII CCG. OU stacked the box and forced Taylor to make poor decisions. Granted, Fresno isn't nearly as talented as OU, but I think if they employ a similar defensive game plan, then they could give our offense trouble and keep the score closer than a lot of husker fans would like.

I was very disappointed from what I saw out of Taylor last week. He still seems extremely uncomfortable in the pocket...when he drops back, it looks like he's stepping on glass. I haven't seen such poor footwork since Joe Dailey. There were several times where the line gave him a nice pocket, he'd look down field for a couple of seconds and decide to tuck it and run it. Sure, he got a few good yards, but UTC was severely over matched. That sort of decision making will not fly when we visit Camp Randall or when Ohio State comes to town. He needs to stay in the pocket, wait for the play to develop and put the ball in play. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Taylor, I love the guy, but until he improves his pocket presence, poise and decision making, I fear we're not going to be a contender for the B1G championship. We will once again live and die by the homerun play and we'll face many defenses that will make us one dimensional.

If our first couple OOC games truly are "glorified practices", then I'd like to see Taylor throw the ball 30+ times this week. It's an area that MUST be improved upon if we're going to be contender this year.

Thanks for that analysis. I couldn't understand why Taylor didn't hand the ball of to the running backs. We have so much talent there! He's going to end up getting hurt trying to run the ball himself all the time. I really hope we see a running game with other people besides Taylor running it.

Don't forget--our defense is worth at least 7 to 10 points, and this is supposedly a (rare) down year for Fresno State. Plus, they're breaking in a new QB that has never seen a defense of our caliber, and likely never will again this year.

I'd say take Nebraska to cover, offensive warts and all.

If we win by < 28 this board will implode. I'll put a hundy on it.

Hmmm...I'm inclined to take that action, as I think we would win by more and we'll still freak out, especially if we get bogged down in the red zone again. ;)

I suppose I should ask the definition of 'freaking out', though. Does 'freaking out' mean that Knapplc has to suspend X number of players or that the board shuts down because of all the posts/traffic?