Should we have gone for it?

typ3kal

Should Bo have gone for the 62 yard attempt?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

honest question: would that increase the likelihood of injury? i mean, he would have to exert a lot of force. but, it would have been sweet to see.

edit: i mean, grammatica got injured from celebrating. so, there's that.

Would it be any more than kickoff?

i guess not, but i might be a little different. he probably tries 60 yarders in practice.

throwing it was the right call. Fresno put a returner back and if it had been short it would have been an almost certain touchdown. Bo said in his press confrence that, that was the reason for pulling Brett back. I agree with him on this one.

^ This. It would have been fun to see Maher get a crack at the 62 yd FG. But the Hail Mary was the right call.

throwing it was the right call. Fresno put a returner back and if it had been short it would have been an almost certain touchdown. Bo said in his press confrence that, that was the reason for pulling Brett back. I agree with him on this one.

Exactly.

honest question: would that increase the likelihood of injury? i mean, he would have to exert a lot of force. but, it would have been sweet to see.

edit: i mean, grammatica got injured from celebrating. so, there's that.

Would it be any more than kickoff?

Trajectory is a lot different for a field goal kick. You can't be too far back from the ball, because you need to create impact before the defense can push through the line. And you have to kick the ball lower because you're going further. Any kick 50+ has a great chance of being blocked.

And a 62-yarder would have been blocked or Maher wouldn't have gotten it there. We're talking about the perfect hit on that ball. I'm not saying he can't do it, but I also don't think he should have.