Will Compton & Stafford

robsker

The replay booth sucked. Calling the fresno TD on that replay angle was bogus. That's not clear evidence due to parallax. You can't make that call to overturn. Cripes. The spot on Tmart's fumble should of been a first down. We should not have been called for delay of game. They wound the clock and we had an injured player walking on the field to the locker room. The clock should not have been running. I think they wound the clock a few times to early for both sides.

From my angle it looked like Carr was in watching live. I couldn't believe they didn't call it a TD, and I'm glad they overturned it on replay because it was the right call. I haven't watched the broadcast of the game yet so I don't know what angles they had, but he was clearly in. There's a picture of him going in over the pylon from the OWH photographers.

The GLARING error on the refs was that delay of game penalty they called on us. YOSHI WAS STILL ON THE FIELD when they wound the clock, and he didn't make his way off the field until the clock was what, halfway down? I was watching him walk off the field and not even paying attention to the clock until we lined up, and it was already way down. Bonehead mistake by the refs, and when we told them, they didn't fix it.

I am glad it was the right call. I am all for getting it right.

From the replays shown I didn't think they had the correct angle to overturn the call. I would call it inconclusive due to the angle.

I stand corrected on the fumble, but is it where the ball hits the ground or where he starts juggling the ball? I thought it hit the ground at the sticks.

The replay booth sucked. Calling the fresno TD on that replay angle was bogus. That's not clear evidence due to parallax. You can't make that call to overturn. Cripes. The spot on Tmart's fumble should of been a first down. We should not have been called for delay of game. They wound the clock and we had an injured player walking on the field to the locker room. The clock should not have been running. I think they wound the clock a few times to early for both sides.

From my angle it looked like Carr was in watching live. I couldn't believe they didn't call it a TD, and I'm glad they overturned it on replay because it was the right call. I haven't watched the broadcast of the game yet so I don't know what angles they had, but he was clearly in. There's a picture of him going in over the pylon from the OWH photographers.

The GLARING error on the refs was that delay of game penalty they called on us. YOSHI WAS STILL ON THE FIELD when they wound the clock, and he didn't make his way off the field until the clock was what, halfway down? I was watching him walk off the field and not even paying attention to the clock until we lined up, and it was already way down. Bonehead mistake by the refs, and when we told them, they didn't fix it.

I am glad it was the right call. I am all for getting it right.

From the replays shown I didn't think they had the correct angle to overturn the call. I would call it inconclusive due to the angle.

I stand corrected on the fumble, but is it where the ball hits the ground or where he starts juggling the ball? I thought it hit the ground at the sticks.

Again, since Fresno recovered the ball out of bounds, the spot goes back to where Taylor loses possession(or juggling as you put it). This actually starts two yards short of the first down marker, so actually NU got a favorable spot. The second camera angle they used, looking straight at it from the west, shows it clearly.

Compton and Fisher suck. Period. Compton is slow and Fisher can't tackle.

Bingo. I'm glad someone is here to tell it like it is. I don't know how many times they ran the RB or TE out into the flats and compton didn't pick it up. Teams are going to kill us with that. At least he provides some muscle in run stopping. Fisher is just plain bad.

I am honestly in for reinstalling our peso style defense. We have secondary who can hit. The 4-3 is way too slow. I would rather test the waters of letting David go rampant like last year than getting both run and passed on. Lock up the passing game and see how we do in run support.

Even though Carr was most likely in the endzone, the call on the field was out at the one, and from the replays they showed on TV, there was absolutely no way you can overturn that call. They never had a definitive angle of him crossing the goal line or pylon, the only thing you could do was infer where he crossed by seeing where he landed, but in my opinion, there was no way that was overturnable.

And most likely, yes, it makes no difference. They have first and goal at the one and probably score the TD, but you just never know what can, and often does, happen. To me, that was wrong by the replay booth.

Bingo. I'm glad someone is here to tell it like it is. I don't know how many times they ran the RB or TE out into the flats and compton didn't pick it up. Teams are going to kill us with that. At least he provides some muscle in run stopping. Fisher is just plain bad.

I am honestly in for reinstalling our peso style defense. We have secondary who can hit. The 4-3 is way too slow. I would rather test the waters of letting David go rampant like last year than getting both run and passed on. Lock up the passing game and see how we do in run support.

Stafford is the IDEAL peso. He's big enough to run stuff, yet quick enough to cover. It doesn't get much better than that for a peso backer.

Stafford is the IDEAL peso. He's big enough to run stuff, yet quick enough to cover. It doesn't get much better than that for a peso backer.

Exactly, put courtney back into the safety spot and move stafford. Honestly I think I would rather have courtney playing outside backer than fisher hypothetically speaking.

Two years ago, Fisher picked up a blocked FG (I think that's what it was, maybe just a fumble) and he looked so slow running it back, I told the guys I was with 'maybe they should beef him up and move him to DE,' half-joking half-serious. After two games, I'll stand by that statement. Right now he is not a good linebacker. Hopefully he just needs to knock some rust off, but he is unimpressive thus far.

Did you see the hold during the punt they returned for a touchdown? Completely blown call on that one........

Stafford got burned pretty bad 2-3 times and missed some tackles. He definitely has potential though...remember it even took Gomes a few games to get fully into the swing of things.

This.

Stafford didn't look as amazing as last week, but it took Gomes 4 games until the Mizzou game before he really started firing on all cylinders.

Yeah Stafford seemed to be caught out of position a few times but he gets to the ball in such a hurry and sometimes he misplays it. What's the time table on Dennard?

Any kind of size on those trout? A few hours drive south in the Wind River range we ran into some nice 16+ inchers, but finding large cutthroats in Wyoming is not a terribly easy venture.

Not great size... most were 11-12 inches, a third of what we caught were in the 13-14 range and we caught a half dozen or so 15-18 inch. and One that was 22 inches. Lots of fun.