Time to unleash the Dawgs on some Huskers

BroncoTed

Honestly,

I don't think you guys had an answer for Chris Polk in either game last year. Your defensive line was soft in my opinion. Sure, you defended the pass very well against us, but this year we've added a massive tight end and an explosive Wide Receiver to our offense. OUr offensive line is much more talented than a year ago. If that offensive line from a year ago dominated the Husker defense, this one will part your defensive line wider than when Moses parted the Red Sea!

You still have Martinez, but I'll take my chances with Washington shutting him down than a team that has a scary passing attack.

My prediction, Washington in a rout, 36-10. (You get 10 in garbage time)

you_serious_clark.png

36-10 is a little much. I still think Washington will win but it will be close. Keith Price is by far a better passer than Taylor Martinez, and he has been clutch so far in our 2 close games. I think that will be the difference, along with the usual amazing game from CP.

FWIW, in Nebraska's past 16 games, the opposing qb has been a far better passer than whatever qb NU has rolled out, and they are 12-4 in that span

1-1 against Washington though, soon to be 1-2.

Ignorance is bliss eh?

I do appreciate your optimism for your team though, even after some close games against lesser opponents. I wish more Husker fans would take on your attitude.

Only difference is we have a team worth being hopeful for :thumbs

Seems like about 80% of the Husker fans trust in your team. The other 20% are predicting 4-5 losses. I think the Huskers will win around 9 games, with one of their losses coming to us :).

In exactly 6 days I will be posting a thread titled "UDub" with nothing but this:

original.jpg

I expect you to print it out and eat it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. +1. This scratched me right where I itched.

36-10 is a little much. I still think Washington will win but it will be close. Keith Price is by far a better passer than Taylor Martinez, and he has been clutch so far in our 2 close games. I think that will be the difference, along with the usual amazing game from CP.

I do not think we will be outcoached in this game.

And I think the problems we have had on the DL are going to be sorted out - as well as some personnel changes in the secondary.

This team is going to come out blazing, and the Huskers are going to turn in a rout. It won't be close. I absolutely agree you guys have a lot to be confident about. But I think that will no longer be true after the game :)

Honestly,

I don't think you guys had an answer for Chris Polk in either game last year. Your defensive line was soft in my opinion. Sure, you defended the pass very well against us, but this year we've added a massive tight end and an explosive Wide Receiver to our offense. OUr offensive line is much more talented than a year ago. If that offensive line from a year ago dominated the Husker defense, this one will part your defensive line wider than when Moses parted the Red Sea!

You still have Martinez, but I'll take my chances with Washington shutting him down than a team that has a scary passing attack.

First of all, thank you and welcome to the board. Your kind words of encouragement as well as blatant approval for the Husker program makes me think you'll be a fine edition to the Husker faithful.

I think, like you, that Nebraska clearly has everything they need to beat an out-manned Washington team. I mean, Chris Polk had two great games against the Huskers, highlighted by the September match up in 2010 (17 carries for 57 yards). Did he play in the bowl game? He really torched the Huskers in September, that's for sure. Then and there, I was ready to put him as #1 on my Heisman ballots. But, I digress.

I can't wait to see what adding that implosive wide receiver has done to Washington's offense. Personally, I know their quarterback is on everybody's short list for all-american candidates (QB of the Year in the making, perhaps?) I know he's on mine, right next to blumpkin of the year.

As far as the offensive and defensive lines go, I don't remember Moses ever being in Memorial Stadium and parting our fans. If he was, I feel like this would have been an epic moment of reverence and self appreciation. Our stadium would probably be called "Moses' Playground", or something equally as witty. But I'm still failing to see the relationship between football and Moses being in Lincoln, Neb. But as you are a Washington fan, I'm sure the weeks and months spent covered in clouds and rains have reduced the average brain to mere soup.

Anyways, I'm excited for this game. I think Nebraska wins, so I agree with you in that regard as well. Hopefully Moses is here again!

• Fire 2

This is going to be an entertaining week leading up to the game.

If the "dawgs" get it handed to them, most of these guys will disappear like a bad fart in a car.

Y'all had better hope that Polk runs like his pants are on fire, or your QB better be able to roll out like a mad man, or he'll be spending a lot of time picking the turf out of his face mask.

Also, does the Washington Husky football board suck that badly, that you guys have to come over here?

Ok after a couple of games to assess here are my thoughts as a UW fan.

EWU

Our defense has had to defend 114 passes the last two games. I'm sick of 3-step drops and the ball is gone. Our game against

EWU wasn't really that difficult but we had the inevitable breakdowns in defense when new players are in the game and learning. We

won with a vanilla scheme on both sides of the ball.

One thing I am envious of Nebraska is the play of the secondary. I prefer a more physical style of DB play and that's what the UW had

back in the 80's and 90's. We manned up and punished WR for coming across the middle. EWU had a 6'3, 6'5 and 6'2 WR trio that was

pretty tough but our DC made the team stay in Zone and learn and it cost us the fame of blowing out a FCS team but it gave us valuable

film to sort out the issues.

Hawaii

Hawaii is a scrappy team that executes the Run and Shoot offense very well. After watching our dreadful Zone coverage performance in game 1

I wasn't looking forward to another 60 passes. I watched the Hawaii vs Colorado game and I notice their OL was green and that they were still

breaking in some young WR. They drafted a couple of guys including one WR last year with 1800 freaking yards receiving!! A lot of people

here (the chicken littles) thought we were going to get scored on at will but I knew that our offense was so vanilla in game one it couldn't get

more basic.

We came out with the motions and formations that were absent in Game 1 and Hawaii was confused for the quarter. By then it was 21-0 and

almost out of reach. Hawaii did their dink and dunk down the field and scored but we came right back and in the Red Zone did the worst thing

a Pick 6 ...ouch. Luckily we were able to score another TD by the end of the first half.

Nebraska

I could tell that Sark was keeping some players fresh. Polk the RB has had little mileage so far this year and seems to be getting back to full speed

after his knee was scoped a month ago. No other significant injuries have beset us which is thankful. We will have no excuses about missing players

in our game. Areas of concern are pretty green LB with one making his 3rd start. Our DL hasn't gotten much pressure which is a bit of a surprise so I'd

say either we are under performing or installing more packages for the Nebraska and beginning of the conference play.

We should be competitive with Nebraska but it "is" a road game and our first of the year. We have enough depth on the DL to rotate big bodies and shouldn't

wear out so easily. DB play is a concern...not enough depth here but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to minimize the big runs that just squashed us last year

at home.

I'm excited to see what our young but more accurate QB can do. Jake was tough against Nebraska with his running but he just didn't have the weapons necessary

and Amukamara and Dennard pretty much shut down our two best WR. Now I'd say we're 4 WR strong and have a couple of lanky TE that catch the ball well. We

have more options here for mismatches in the middle.

I'm looking for one hell of a collision in this game. This is finally a more competitive UW team coming to Lincoln and I'm sure my boys won't lay an egg. Good luck and

see ya Saturday.

DD

• Fire 2

Honestly,

NOT IN OUR HOUSE, or your house for that matter...

I'm looking for one hell of a collision in this game. This is finally a more competitive UW team coming to Lincoln and I'm sure my boys won't lay an egg. Good luck and

see ya Saturday.

DD

Welcome, and good luck to you guys too!

I think we'll be more than up for the challenge. But it is going to be a telling matchup for sure.

Honestly,

Just another reason I'd love there to be a wait time before someone can post.

Honestly,

I doubt Washington wins in a rout. Washington just might win, but it will be close.