Time to unleash the Dawgs on some Huskers

BroncoTed

As for our offense. I will make a paypal bet with ANY forum member right now that you will not come close to containing us. Price has been nothing short of stellar thus far. When Sark finally opened up the playbook after that conservative garbage against Eastern, the kid thrived. Polk had over a hundred yds againts a Hawaii D that held Colorados 1300 yd rusher to 25 total yds. We have a receiving core as deep as they come, and considering your secondary has dropped off from last year, I have a hard time seeing how youre going to stop us. This talk of domination coming from your fan base is just ridiculous. The only reason Eastern and Hawaii stayed with us is because our D coordinator can't scheme against the run and shoot. So unless your entire offense is going to change by Saturday, be ready for a game.

You, sir, need to quit grippin' and sippin'.

I watched the games against EWU and Hawaii, as I am living in the Seattle area.

Against EWU, a FCS school, the Huskies were lucky to come out with a win--only a Trufant interception in the endzone saved the Huskies. The entire Husky team looked flat and price only threw for 102 yards.

Against Hawaii, a team Fresno will most likely beat in the WAC, UW won by a whole 8 points. Again, not very impressive.

UW is going to play a completely different team in Nebraska this week. The "Price" is wrong, B****!

LOL, are you sure you watched that game? Because it seems you forgot to mention how we basically spotted Hawaii 14 points when Price threw that pick-6 when we were about to go up 28-7, and how our punter gave them a last minute TD by literally kicking the ball straight into the ground. That game was nowhere near as close as the score suggests.

Eastern and Hawaii gave us problems because we have a poor pass defense. Thankfully for us, Martinez isn't exactly John Elway. When teams have been forced to run on us they have gotten absolutely nowhere. Hawaiis QB scorched Colorado for 150 rush yds, against us he gained a a whopping 15 yds. Football is about matchups, and both Easterns and Hawaiis offense are not a good match up for our D. Nebraskas, however, is built to play against our strengths. That's good news for Washington.

As for our offense. I will make a paypal bet with ANY forum member right now that you will not come close to containing us. Price has been nothing short of stellar thus far. When Sark finally opened up the playbook after that conservative garbage against Eastern, the kid thrived. Polk had over a hundred yds againts a Hawaii D that held Colorados 1300 yd rusher to 25 total yds. We have a receiving core as deep as they come, and considering your secondary has dropped off from last year, I have a hard time seeing how youre going to stop us. This talk of domination coming from your fan base is just ridiculous. The only reason Eastern and Hawaii stayed with us is because our D coordinator can't scheme against the run and shoot. So unless your entire offense is going to change by Saturday, be ready for a game.

:LOLtartar

Against EWU, a FCS school, the Huskies were lucky to come out with a win--only a Trufant interception in the endzone saved the Huskies. The entire Husky team looked flat and price only threw for 102 yards.

Against Hawaii, a team Fresno will most likely beat in the WAC, UW won by a whole 8 points. Again, not very impressive.

UW is going to play a completely different team in Nebraska this week. The "Price" is wrong, B****!

LOL, are you sure you watched that game? Because it seems you forgot to mention how we basically spotted Hawaii 14 points when Price threw that pick-6 when we were about to go up 28-7, and how our punter gave them a last minute TD by literally kicking the ball straight into the ground. That game was nowhere near as close as the score suggests.

Eastern and Hawaii gave us problems because we have a poor pass defense. Thankfully for us, Martinez isn't exactly John Elway. When teams have been forced to run on us they have gotten absolutely nowhere. Hawaiis QB scorched Colorado for 150 rush yds, against us he gained a a whopping 15 yds. Football is about matchups, and both Easterns and Hawaiis offense are not a good match up for our D. Nebraskas, however, is built to play against our strengths. That's good news for Washington.

How does a paypal bet work??? You pinky promise to pay if you lose? I will bet you straight up any amount you want. If you have that much confidence in your team and how much they will dominate the lowly 10th ranked Huskers, I am all in.

Ah...sigh.... :facepalm:

I'm really really curious to know which games you are referring to?

This is the same game where Hawaii outscored you in the fourth quarter as your guys were fading, the same game where Hawaii outgained you in the fourth quarter, and the same game where the onside kick rolled just inches short or Hawaii recovers - the same Hawaii Washington's porous pass defense couldn't stop late in the game... we're talking about that game, right? The game that you won by one score against the team that Sagarin ranks one spot ahead of Wazoo - that game, right?

Eastern and Hawaii gave us problems because we have a poor pass defense.

You have a poor pass defense like Charlie Sheen has a slight drug problem. You're the worst pass defense in D1A football. You're the Maginot Line of pass defense.

Thankfully for us, Martinez isn't exactly John Elway. When teams have been forced to run on us they have gotten absolutely nowhere. Hawaiis QB scorched Colorado for 150 rush yds, against us he gained a a whopping 15 yds. Football is about matchups, and both Easterns and Hawaiis offense are not a good match up for our D. Nebraskas, however, is built to play against our strengths. That's good news for Washington.

Go ahead and stick eight or nine guys in the box and see how that works out for you. Some names you'll be familiar with at about 2pm Pacific Time this Saturday: Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Quincy Enunwa and Kyler Reed. All of whom are faster than your DBs, all of whom have receptions longer than 40 yards this season. You think Moniz from Hawaii is a good passer? He's sitting at 6.55 yards per attempt passing this year. Taylor Martinez isn't John Elway, but he's sitting at 7.79 yards per passing attempt this year. If Moniz torched you guys, I can't wait to see what Martinez does.

Price has been nothing short of stellar thus far. When Sark finally opened up the playbook after that conservative garbage against Eastern, the kid thrived. Polk had over a hundred yds againts a Hawaii D that held Colorados 1300 yd rusher to 25 total yds. We have a receiving core as deep as they come, and considering your secondary has dropped off from last year, I have a hard time seeing how youre going to stop us. This talk of domination coming from your fan base is just ridiculous. The only reason Eastern and Hawaii stayed with us is because our D coordinator can't scheme against the run and shoot. So unless your entire offense is going to change by Saturday, be ready for a game.

See, here's where you're showing that you haven't been watching our games. We actually have changed our offense. Quite a bit. We fired our OC after losing to this terrible team we played in our bowl game, and replaced him with a guy running an offense that is much more Oregon-like than anything else. You remember the game you played against Oregon last year, right? Came down to the wire. Close game.

• Fire 1

Honestly,

I don't think you guys had an answer for Chris Polk in either game last year. Your defensive line was soft in my opinion. Sure, you defended the pass very well against us, but this year we've added a massive tight end and an explosive Wide Receiver to our offense. OUr offensive line is much more talented than a year ago. If that offensive line from a year ago dominated the Husker defense, this one will part your defensive line wider than when Moses parted the Red Sea!

You still have Martinez, but I'll take my chances with Washington shutting him down than a team that has a scary passing attack.

My prediction, Washington in a rout, 36-10. (You get 10 in garbage time)

I doubt Washington wins in a rout. Washington just might win, but it will be close.

Washington just might win? Are you kidding me? Even if that is a strong possibility, which I don't think it is, why would you even say that? I'm pretty sure last year before our first meeting with them I read several similar posts.

What do you mean? If you think Washington doesn't have a solid shot at winning you must have missed Nebraska's first two games. Washington is MUCH better than Chattanooga and Fresno State and NU didn't look particularly good against either of those teams. Take off those rose colored glasses and watch Nebraska's offensive and defensive lines getting shoved around.

If I were setting the line I'd put it at about 5 in favor of Nebraska. I think Nebraska wins but I would definitely not be surprised if we lost.

I strongly disagree with the part in bold! Washington may not even be better then Fresno let alone MUCH better.

Does that mean we win or lose??? I don't know, I have faith that we will win this one, but I still don't think they are better then Fresno

Eh. Fresno is winless and Washington is 2-0. We'll see.

This is true, but Washington is 2-0 against 2 teams that are worse then Fresno also. To say I don't have any concerns would be lying, the only positive I took away form the Fresno game was that I am 99.9% sure that last year under Watso we would have lost that game.

I had a friend who used to do acid, too. He said the trips were fun, but the return journey made him weep like a Washington fan remembering the 2008 season.

I, like you, agree that Price is the next coming of Tim Tebow (but with a way better delivery, am I right?) The way he has carved his way through these first two defenses is like watching a warm knife slice through brick, or a dull machete cut down light poles. Playing against these two teams was probably no more difficult than playing against the Washington defense in practice. But that is neither here nor there..

I would like to talk about domination, though, and it's clear Nebraska and Washington are such titans on the football field that there's no way this game won't go down as the game of the millenia, or Jesus-age. Especially Washington. I already have them as my sleeper MNC contender as well as the obvious Pac-12 champion. I heard Oregon conceded the season already, and Andrew Luck is starting for the Vikings next week.

Polk is a really good running back. He's especially impressive against a fresh football team in mid-September (17 carries for 57 yards..Heisman YES PLEASE). There isn't a night that goes by where I don't squeeze my penguin pillow tightly while thinking about all the championships Polk could have brought us. IF ONLY we would have scraped the bottom of the dust-bin a little more for that talent.

• Fire 3