Time to unleash the Dawgs on some Huskers

BroncoTed

You're the Maginot Line of pass defense.

I laughed my ass off, but there's no way a UW fan with the name "purple drank" understood this.

Yeah, takes a Nebraska grad to be aware of cliche French military jokes.

No, just to appreciate it when they're directed at people who have actually invested time to search for a opponents' independent message board, hammer out a few sentence fragments, and sit back with a wet towel.

It wasn't directed at me, it was directed at the Husky pass defense. Try and keep up.

Invested time? I'm sorry if it takes you and hour and half to Google search "Nebraska football forum" and click on the first site shown. I accomplished this apparent hours consuming feat in just under two minutes. I actually enjoy discussing games with the opponent fan base, but didn't expect to stumble across such confidence after a narrow victory over winless Fresno State.

No one posting here can offer anything other than speculation, but we will see where the chips fall Saturday. I think it will be a fight for 4 quarters, but if I'm wrong and we are destroyed in Lincoln, I'll eat my crow.

So what you're saying is that you expected to come to a Nebraska forum and find doom and gloom and worry and fear over next week? Have you searched the other threads? Doom and gloom is what we thrive on here...

• Fire 1

Well I just wasted 30 minutes of my life.

Ill say the same thing i knew before i read this:

-NU is a 17 point favorite

-We have motivation this time, thanks to people like you now thinking you have a chance

-The game is in OUR house

-You lost a "First Round Worthy" quarterback that at this time last year, when you guys showed actual potential, was getting national hype

-This year, you have a running back and a weak passing attack. Easy to key in on.

-We won't keep running the same play this year if you sell out on it like in the Holiday bowl

-Nebraska has actual skill and speed players this year, and ones you have almost zero film on

-We're still a top ten team... in the country. UW is barely top ten in the Pac-12.

It is thanks to the numerous Husky fans who have your exact same attitude that Nebraska is going to come out like it's the conference championship game.

Huskies won't just limp our of lincoln, they'll crawl out. :box

Washington fans sure do have short memories...

Yeah we do. Its simple, we got better as the year went on...Nebraska got worse. We're progressing, you're regressing. You hit your peak shortly after you beat Washington. After teams figured out Martinez couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, his time as a dangerous QB ended.

Can't say I disagree with the Wash fan.

I get the feeling this one will be closer than I would like. Personally, I want a beat-down, especially after what happened in the Holiday Bowl. It's not that I don't have faith in us, it's the fact that I'm willing to bet UDub comes rollin' into Lincoln pretty damn jacked up. That being said, Nebraska 31 Washington 10.

And yes, some of us here in Nebraska do say 'ya'll.' Just like some of you in Seattle are obsessed with coffee. GBR and Husker F***in' Power.

Yeah we do. Its simple, we got better as the year went on...Nebraska got worse. We're progressing, you're regressing. You hit your peak shortly after you beat Washington. After teams figured out Martinez couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, his time as a dangerous QB ended.

Washington didn't get better at the end of the year. They just played weaker opponents. And Nebraska didn't get worse, they got injured.

Washington beat 5-7 Cal, 2-10 Washington State and 4-8 UCLA to salvage a miserable season and back themselves into a bowl game, where they played a team that couldn't care less about playing them again after thrashing them by five touchdowns in September. If you think that's "progressing" and "regressing," you and I use very different definitions of those words.

• Fire 2

I just hope we don't end up like the Texas game last year.

I don't think this game is as big of a deal to the team this year as it was last year when we played Texas. I think the Big 10 play is going to be much more important to the team and have their focus. Washington is just another opponent on the road to conference play.

Washington didn't get better at the end of the year. They just played weaker opponents. And Nebraska didn't get worse, they got injured.

Washington beat 5-7 Cal, 2-10 Washington State and 4-8 UCLA to salvage a miserable season and back themselves into a bowl game, where they played a team that couldn't care less about playing them again after thrashing them by five touchdowns in September. If you think that's "progressing" and "regressing," you and I use very different definitions of those words.

Yeah. Pretty much exactly this.

Ahh.....I remember my first beer too.

But welcome, please stay the week to add your valuable insight to this game. It should be a good one.

There guys did I do that right. Be nice, welcome him, encourage him to contribute. All with a smile on my face.

Nice job PC.

BT, well YRAD.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

Honestly,

I don't think you guys had an answer for Chris Polk in either game last year. Your defensive line was soft in my opinion. Sure, you defended the pass very well against us, but this year we've added a massive tight end and an explosive Wide Receiver to our offense. OUr offensive line is much more talented than a year ago. If that offensive line from a year ago dominated the Husker defense, this one will part your defensive line wider than when Moses parted the Red Sea!

You still have Martinez, but I'll take my chances with Washington shutting him down than a team that has a scary passing attack.

My prediction, Washington in a rout, 36-10. (You get 10 in garbage time)

You poor sheltered child. What a shame mama did so much ganja when she was pregnant with you.

You better hope your Huskies play better than your Broncos because my Raiders are eating their lunch. Denver will be lucky to go 3 and 13 this year.

Back to mama's teat baby boy, you are not ready to play with the big boys.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

I think this game will make alot of Husker fans rip their hair out. Pretty sure Sarkisian will be looking at some tape at how the Husker D was burned by the same rollout play all night long. Not to mention how Fresno St was able to run it right down our throats with relative ease. I'm not saying Huskers are going to lose, but it will be a five TD blowout like one year ago. This will be a game that will be decided in the fourth quarter.

Very reasonable Husker fan. I agree this will be a close game.

One thing to understand, most guys on HuskerBoard usually are reasonable and have a good time debating upcoming games with opposing fans. It's just really hard to do when you open the thread and read such a ridiculous post to start things off.

90% of Nebraska fans are extremely worried about the offensive line which has been a glaring weakness for a few years now and is showing no sign of progress, if anything they look worse thus far. There are also a vast majority of fans concerned with the defensive showing last week. If they play like that, Washington will put up points no doubt about it. However, in year 4, the Pelini's have pretty much earned everyone's trust that they will get it corrected by this week.

Also, Husky fans are underestimating Martinez' passing abilities. Don't get me wrong, the guy is HORRIBLE throwing in the intermediate game. However, as a couple of you have admitted, the Huskies do not have good DB play and the one ball that Taylor actually throws well is the long ball. NU has finally put speed on the outside in young guys such as Turner and Bell and they still have that speedy TE Reed that no one has been able to match up with. Watch highlights from any game when Taylor has been healthy, he throws a darn good ball on those deep seam routes. And guess what opens up when defenses sell out to stop the run? Yeah...

I'm extremely worried about what we've seen the past two weeks, but the last two weeks we've also seen a team figure out how to win. I think UW will be in the game early on, but I'm lookin for Beck to open up the playbook (yes, we've been vanilla just like UW) and for the defense to sell out as Bo will be ripping their asses all week after that pathetic performance we just watched. Final score won't indicate it was much of a battle, most likely a double digit win.