Time to unleash the Dawgs on some Huskers

BroncoTed

Well I just wasted 30 minutes of my life.

Ill say the same thing i knew before i read this:

-NU is a 17 point favorite

-We have motivation this time, thanks to people like you now thinking you have a chance

-The game is in OUR house

-You lost a "First Round Worthy" quarterback that at this time last year, when you guys showed actual potential, was getting national hype

-This year, you have a running back and a weak passing attack. Easy to key in on.

-We won't keep running the same play this year if you sell out on it like in the Holiday bowl

-Nebraska has actual skill and speed players this year, and ones you have almost zero film on

-We're still a top ten team... in the country. UW is barely top ten in the Pac-12.

It is thanks to the numerous Husky fans who have your exact same attitude that Nebraska is going to come out like it's the conference championship game.

Huskies won't just limp our of lincoln, they'll crawl out. :box

In this game we have two 2-0 teams who have not looked as impressive as the fans would have liked. I am baffled how Washington fans seem to think that losing Locker is actually an upgrade... Kind of reminds me of how Iowa fans think (now THOUGHT after Iowa State) the same thing with Vandy over Stanzi... Mind boggling. The game being in Lincoln is actually not much of an advantage for us anymore. We seem to play a little sharper on the road as of late. Nebraska has not shown me anything yet that indicates that this won't be a 4 quarter brawl. I think some of us are expecting a repeat of the game in Seattle or the game we had against Missouri last year. I do not think this scnerio is all that likely. Our secondary is missing both Prince and Dennard and there have been some major busts in coverage. Also our LB play has been less than stellar other than David. I think we win another one in the same fashion that we beat Fresno State. The only way this one gets out of hand is if Washington has problems containing Martinez at full speed (he was nowhere near full speed in the bowl game) and if he gets Kinnie to make some catches. The same is true if Nebraska cannot limit Polk's big plays and has turnovers (Martinez carrying ball like a loaf of bread and INTs).

I agree with this assessment. What I find confusing is the false confidence Washington fans seem to have. They've done nothing but make it to a bowl game since Sark became coach. It's big improvement from their winless season but Nebraska is a top ten team for a reason. It's not smoke and mirrors. We have the talent to play with anyone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Washington fans seem to be as foolish as Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, etc fans. We could've beaten Fresno by 50 and they would still be talking about how they will win.

What astounding arrogance. Sark took over a WINLESS team and led it to a bowl game in his SECOND year. Are you really dismissing this as nothing? Our program was literally left in ruins, and in under 24 months he coached his way to a bowl victory. I don't think you comprehend the task he had ahead of him. The job he's done has been nothing short of amazing.

And what exactly have you done this season that warrants such confidence? Nothing. Are you really surprised we think we can win after beating you in last years Holiday Bowl? And spare me the injury excuse, Locker had broken ribs and we were out our starting middle linebacker last September. As far as not being up for the game, you would think Nebraska would be after blood after the way the BIG 12 spurned them. I'm surprised your head fits through your front door.

We were out 2 starting linebackers for that game, but who is counting?

Honestly,

I don't think you guys had an answer for Chris Polk in either game last year. Your defensive line was soft in my opinion. Sure, you defended the pass very well against us, but this year we've added a massive tight end and an explosive Wide Receiver to our offense. OUr offensive line is much more talented than a year ago. If that offensive line from a year ago dominated the Husker defense, this one will part your defensive line wider than when Moses parted the Red Sea!

You still have Martinez, but I'll take my chances with Washington shutting him down than a team that has a scary passing attack.

My prediction, Washington in a rout, 36-10. (You get 10 in garbage time)

fillion.gif

6893%20-%20anger_management%20animated_gif%20jack_nicholson%20reaction_image.gif

Nice use of gif.

thanks, it exemplifies exactly what emotions the op brought out in me. Jack looks extremely creepy in this one, lol

Yes, PurpleDrank, teams get better along the way, such as U-Dub last year.

I would exactly say this is true. They three of their last seven all to ranked opponents, and all those loses were blowouts. They then beat 4-8 UCLA, 5-7 Cal and and 2-10 Washington St. Props to them for beating Nebraska, but they didn't exactly get much better as the season progressed. They just beat teams equal to or worse than themselves.

Bro, we both know that 2-10 Washington St team was a monster...

Just like 5-7 Texas who shut down your offense at your place.

Texas did not shut down our offense. Nebraska did.

You should have brought up the SDSU game instead. They actually shut us down.

LOL at these posts. When Nebraska loses, it MUST be because they beat themselves, even against 5-7 Texas. Furthermore, that loss is permitable because of Texas' HISTORY! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The only thing Texas shut down was the zone read.

I'm not one to make excuses, but with those dropped passes, we handed the game to Texas. Even most Texas fans would admit that, if they weren't so butthurt that Nebraska left the ship that Texas is sinking instead of going down with it like they are.

These Huskies fans are a little odd. They almost sound like MU and Iowa fans . . . which is a little sad. I expected better from fans of a program that had some success in the past.

Oh absolutely. It's extremely odd to defend your team against predictions of a blowout, and use statistical facts to do so. I saw your prediction for this game (something like 106 to -2) and I would expect better from a fan base who usual seems knowledgable not only about their team, but the game in general.

Look out for birds with your nose so high up in the air, a sparrow in the nostril could be painful.

These Huskies fans are a little odd. They almost sound like MU and Iowa fans . . . which is a little sad. I expected better from fans of a program that had some success in the past.

Oh absolutely. It's extremely odd to defend your team against predictions of a blowout, and use statistical facts to do so. I saw your prediction for this game (something like 106 to -2) and I would expect better from a fan base who usual seems knowledgable not only about their team, but the game in general.

Look out for birds with your nose so high up in the air, a sparrow in the nostril could be painful.

First off, wrong poster. That was The Dude, and sarcasm was definatly strong in that prediction.

Yes, PurpleDrank, teams get better along the way, such as U-Dub last year.

I wouldn't exactly say this is true. They lost three of their last seven all to ranked opponents, and all those loses were blowouts. They then beat 4-8 UCLA, 5-7 Cal and and 2-10 Washington St. Props to them for beating Nebraska, but they didn't exactly get much better as the season progressed. They just beat teams equal to or worse than themselves.

How can you possibly make such a claim without even watching those games? They got better. This was evident by both our run offense and defense. UCLA, although not a good team, was running all over people until they met us. The O-line and D-line drastically improved the last 4 games. Cal was beating everyone at home, even Oregon struggled come out alive in Berkley. UW was young with freshman everywhere, it was obvious they improved to anyone with a working brain.

I watched parts of two of those games, and no, you didn't get better, your competition got worse. UCLA wasn't "running all over people" until they played you. Here's their last five games, the two before you, the UW game, and the two after:

AZ - 71 yards rushing

OSU - 210

UW - 108

ASU - 121

USC - 128

Aside from their breakout game against Oregon State, who ranked 89th against the run, UCLA didn't run over any of their last five opponents. Washington did nothing special against UCLA.

I think you might need to go back and rewatch your 2010 season. Seems you missed some key aspects.

Fair enough, but I'm not even going to argue about the overall point of marked improvement. UW absolutely got better as the year went on. Especially on the lines. They plugged in Jamora and the run D numbers and sack totals went up. The O-line was clearly becoming more cohesive, as Locker started having more time and Polk was finding bigger holes. We had freshmen on that line and they slowly became a unit. These things were visible and beyond debate.

First off, wrong poster. That was The Dude, and sarcasm was definatly strong in that prediction.

The website screwed up the posters identity. All I did was hit the reply button.

The website screwed up the posters identity.

That's a new one. Now the website itself is out to get you. The excuses are flowing freely, like purple drank at a Huskies tailgate.

I have never seen the website screw one's identity up before, but what do we know.

Hmmm. dedhoarse

Let's try this one...last...time...

You are on a Nebraska Forum. Where Nebraska fans get together and discuss. Some things are rational and others are not. Try reading some of the other wacky threads on here. You have egged us on and taunted us since the start of this thread. This thread was created to get poor reactions from us and then you complain about it. All this thread and (with the exception of one or two) huskie fans here have shown me is that Washington is nothing more than a trash talking wannabe team equal to Missouri, Kstate, Iowa or colorado. Not good company to be lumped in with. So mission accomplished i guess.

• Fire 1

Stick around, PurpleDrank. Glad I could give you a quick lesson on how to troll efficiently. You can't go about it as obviously as you did at the beginning. Use subtle jabs and know where to hit them. The key is to put far less effort into your troll post than the responders exert in responding to it. On that, you failed miserably.

• Fire 2

i sure do enjoy all of the pointless comparisons of our opponents to theirs. if you honestly think that washington is going to beat NU, that's fine, any given saturday. if you honestly think that washington is a better team than NU, that's a different story and a useless debate.

If I remember correctly, this EXACT same argument was posed last year before our September match-up, and the Husky fans on this forum (and their forum) spent a lot of time saying how their S.O.S. was tougher thus far.

Let's be clear about one thing, for the Washington fans so intent on believing their S.O.S. has been better than Nebraska's. Believe me, I think your schedule has been tough this far. I mean the way you have sliced and diced your way through opponents has been about as awesome as a Nickelback concert opened by Justin Bieber. Price is obvi a Heisman candidate this year and Polk is going to rush for 3,400 yards and 30 touchdowns. It's inevitable, it's factual and my tarot cards have never been wrong before.

But the truth of the matter is that this is college football, where almost anything can happen. S.O.S. is at it's most viable state at the end of the season - trying to diagnose S.O.S. this early is rather stupid imho. As of right now, the most tangible facts are these:

1) Nebraska has better players and athletes on both sides of the ball. If you want to argue this, please don't. You still have players on the Washington team from your championship '08 season.

2) Nebraska has a more experienced head coach and staff. Again, don't try and argue this. I'm not saying Sark is a bad coach. In fact, far from it. He took the worst team in college football and made them a 7 win team. Coach of the year if you ask me.

3) It's in Nebraska. I hope you wouldn't try to argue this, but it's important nonetheless.

4) This will most likely be a Big 10 officiating crew, as Washington had a Pac 10 crew last year in Seattle. If there were to be any biased calls, they'd most likely go in Nebraska's favor.

5) Martinez is healthy, something this team obviously can't win without right now. You already saw last year what a healthy Martinez does to sub-par athletes.

6) I will be drinking a lot on Friday and Saturday. Irrelevant, but factual none-the-less.

I'd say the game is pretty favorable towards Nebraska right now.

• Fire 1