washington

How many more times can you guys play the "we didn't want to be there card" about the holiday bowl All that tells me is that you doubt the team's heart and character. But as long as we're talking motivation, I think the dawgs have a little payback in mind in front of your fans. Look, I don't have any illusions that the Huskies are going to go into Lincoln and tear the place up. They'll be lucky to come away with a close win. But look, your lock down corners from last year graduated except the guy who is hurt, right? And he's, well, hurt. The offensive line the Huskies dominated in the Holiday bowl is essentially gone, right, so is the new line as good? The husky D line that dominated the Holiday bowl is back, with some stud backups. We still have Chris Polk, and some NFL talent at WR and TE. This is going to be a good game, I think. Remember, pride goeth before the fall.

Yeah, but listening to one of your Sports reporters (on 1620 The Zone) last night she painted a different picture. She said your offense is weak. You have a young inexperienced O-line and a young quarterback. The reporter also said that the Washington fans were SHOCKED that they won the Holiday Bowl last year. Not surprised but SHOCKED.

Come to play, we like a good football game so did Fresno State ;) GO B1G RED!

P.S. Yes, indeed Pride does go before the fall. It works both ways mate ;) (Please know this is all good hearted fun. We look forward to having you in Lincoln and hope you have a great time. We really do love good football. You'll find that our fans are very knowledgeable about the game and will be the first to congratulate you as you leave our stadium win or lose :) Welcome!)

Either that reporter is an idiot who hasn't watched either Husky game this year or you are twisting her words. Keith Price has 7 TD passes in 2 games, but apparently that's "weak."

Either that reporter is an idiot who hasn't watched either Husky game this year or you are twisting her words. Keith Price has 7 TD passes in 2 games, but apparently that's "weak."

Dude, for f*ck sake, you barely beat St Mary's school for the blind and won in a shoot out to a bunch of Don Ho wannabe's, get over it...

He's marginal at best

How many more times can you guys play the "we didn't want to be there card" about the holiday bowl All that tells me is that you doubt the team's heart and character. But as long as we're talking motivation, I think the dawgs have a little payback in mind in front of your fans. Look, I don't have any illusions that the Huskies are going to go into Lincoln and tear the place up. They'll be lucky to come away with a close win. But look, your lock down corners from last year graduated except the guy who is hurt, right? And he's, well, hurt. The offensive line the Huskies dominated in the Holiday bowl is essentially gone, right, so is the new line as good? The husky D line that dominated the Holiday bowl is back, with some stud backups. We still have Chris Polk, and some NFL talent at WR and TE. This is going to be a good game, I think. Remember, pride goeth before the fall.

Yeah, but listening to one of your Sports reporters (on 1620 The Zone) last night she painted a different picture. She said your offense is weak. You have a young inexperienced O-line and a young quarterback. The reporter also said that the Washington fans were SHOCKED that they won the Holiday Bowl last year. Not surprised but SHOCKED.

P.S. Yes, indeed Pride does go before the fall. It works both ways mate ;) (Please know this is all good hearted fun. We look forward to having you in Lincoln and hope you have a great time. We really do love good football. You'll find that our fans are very knowledgeable about the game and will be the first to congratulate you as you leave our stadium win or lose :) Welcome!)

Stop moving the goalposts, strawman. The reporter said he's young, not weak. We wouldn't want anyone twisting words now...

Dude, for f*ck sake, you barely beat St Mary's school for the blind and won in a shoot out to a bunch of Don Ho wannabe's, get over it...

He's marginal at best

umadbro?

He's marginal at best

umadbro?

no, just glad to see what the american education system is producing...

it is "are you mad bro"

He's marginal at best

umadbro?

Thank God we don't play Washington again. If this is what passes for "football talk" amongst Huskies fans, my head would asplode if we had to deal with it again. This is brutal, and damned boring. It isn't even a conversation - it's just random chest-thumping, disparaging the Huskers and when anyone tries to engage in a factual conversation a straw man is thrown out, the subject is changed or we get stuff like this. "umadbro" is not a response that furthers the conversation, it's an attempt to goad the guy on the other side. That's coming close to trolling, and we do not tolerate trolling on HuskerBoard.

Stick to football, leave the personal comments out of your posts, and you'll get along fine. If you can't abide these simple rules, you'll be shut down. I don't want to have to do that, but this is beginning to get pretty ridiculous.

Keith Price for heisman. Its a done deal.

I took Aaron Green. I was like ninth in my draft lottery, which sucks. I hate fantasy football. The sample size is too small, and one off game can screw your whole season. I don't know why I keep slamming my hand in the car door every year.

It may be popular, but it is honestly the worst fantasy sport there is from a construct standpoint.

He's marginal at best

umadbro?

Thank God we don't play Washington again. If this is what passes for "football talk" amongst Huskies fans, my head would asplode if we had to deal with it again. This is brutal, and damned boring. It isn't even a conversation - it's just random chest-thumping, disparaging the Huskers and when anyone tries to engage in a factual conversation a straw man is thrown out, the subject is changed or we get stuff like this. "umadbro" is not a response that furthers the conversation, it's an attempt to goad the guy on the other side. That's coming close to trolling, and we do not tolerate trolling on HuskerBoard.

Stick to football, leave the personal comments out of your posts, and you'll get along fine. If you can't abide these simple rules, you'll be shut down. I don't want to have to do that, but this is beginning to get pretty ridiculous.

You're wrong, I just state that Keith Price had 7 TD passes. Then he came back and personally attacked me. My fault? Ok.

Dawgfan, you keep forgetting that our QB was hurt in the Holiday Bowl and really only a shell of what he was before the injuries. You do know this right? How did that dominating line do in Seattle when Martinez was not gimping around? Your players in the secondary looked like they were in slow motion in pursuit several times. What has Washington done to fix this? Again, this was a non factor in the Holiday Bowl as even I could have beaten him in a foot race on that day. Our center also was in need of surgery which made your dominating D-line shine even more. The stars aligned that day for you guys. Kind of like our 2009 game against Oklahoma or Iowa State in 2009 against us.

I think this is a fair assessment. Kearse is an NFL caliber receiver and the tight end is really stepping up as well. Does this present match up problems for our thinned-out secondary and (for lack of a better word) underperforming linebackers? Absolutely. Derek Carr and the Bulldogs exploited this. I'm not saying Price is anything what Carr is, but Carr did have a field day on us. It's going to be interesting to see how the coaches game plan around this. I'm cringing at the thought of Fisher trying to cover a tight end on a corner route.

This game is going to be won in the trenches. Offensive line play is going to be crucial for both sides. I like the way our D-line matches up against your new offensive line. Hopefully last week's D-line debacle is motivation for them to kick it into high gear. However, if we can't get penetration and win one-on-one blocking battles, I think Polk has a field day. It all starts up front.

He's marginal at best

umadbro?

You're wrong, I just state that Keith Price had 7 TD passes. Then he came back and personally attacked me. My fault? Ok.

No, he didn't. Get a grip. :laughpound

When you regard someone saying your favorite team isn't very good as a personal attack, it's time to start considering where the line between fanhood and obsession is and try to get back on the good side of it.