Husker gang members?!

I saw this article. Apparently people are getting killed for wearing Husker garb in where else, California. A dectective was quoted in the article saying, "You could be a real true Nebraska fan wearing a Nebraska jersey walking down the streets and rival gang won't think twice," he said. They won't think twice about putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger."

Better think twice about repping your throwback Niles Paul uni when we play at Fresno St. in 2014.

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/15446451/gang-takes-the-husker-name-in-vain

Gang members are pathetic. Pussies, all of them.

Grow the f@{:content:}amp; up, get a job, and attempt to be a man.

Eor

Cowards have to have group violence. I miss the day when if you had enough of someone, you went outside and the better fighter would usually win. Now its about death and finality.

Agreed, I can't tell you how many of these guys I dealt with when I worked in the local county jail. They thought since they claimed they were apart of this gang or that gang it was going to scare you. Needless to say it didn't scare me. I told them to bring their gang and put them up against my gang and we'll see who's left standing at the end of the day.

Sanchez does give words of warning: if heading to California, leave the Huskers at home.

"Someone will put a gun to your head…"

I'm sure this has happened, and has been happening for many years. But I have a hard time taking this article seriously.

Yeah, it has a real ring of, "This is a thing that *has* happened in certain areas, now let's sensationalize it."