To Dennard, or not to Dennard....

Saunders

There's still issues with the corners jamming like Bo wants. They're . . .well. . not as good as they should be.

This is why I keep having the sneaking suspicion that we'll be missing Marvin Sanders more than we will care to when the end of the season rolls around.

Please note that I hope I'm wrong.

Also, did we ever find out why Marvin resigned, and if he's eligible to return?

NM, on the why part, found past threads.

I've said this before...our D looked hungover against Fresno St.

It looked to me like the starting D hung out at 'The Office' the night before and got a few hours of sleep.

Pathetic on all levels.

Bo needs to to get these guys ready....No Joke! I liked Bo better when he was mean.

" And we got that N on the side of our helmet and that is what the N is all about. So lets take that N, stick it underneath their chin for 4 quarters and get after somebodies ass"

:bonez

I blame the coaches for part of it. They don't prepare for the weaker teams like they do for conference or the big names on the schedule. They take the time in game to "work" on things like its practice. That trickles down when you have a young team. And its hard to stay focused and in the "game" mindset. I'd like to go full throttle this week.

I blame the coaches for part of it. They don't prepare for the weaker teams like they do for conference or the big names on the schedule. They take the time in game to "work" on things like its practice. That trickles down when you have a young team. And its hard to stay focused and in the "game" mindset. I'd like to go full throttle this week.

Do you think we've been sandbagging? I've seen quite a few with that theory. Don't know if I buy it...

Do you think we've been sandbagging? I've seen quite a few with that theory. Don't know if I buy it...

Not sandbagging. We've just stayed basic and worked on different formations (on offense at least)we wanted to see personnel groups in. We didn't really try to counter attack on either side as much as we would if we were playing Wisconsin, Michigan or Iowa. I suppose that's part of figuring things out, but when you're down in the game and you say. . hey. . lets try to run that belly option we had issues with last week. I don't like it.

I don't buy it either.

I'd say a lot of the play calling we'll be seeing through the year hasn't been unveiled yet, but as far as what we're actually seeing on the field, it's just early-season sloppiness mixed with a lot of inexperience.

I will look but it may have been an article linked through HuskerMax stating that according to coaches Dennard was in week 5 of his predicted 8 weeks to heal...

IIRC, it was week 5 of the projected 6-8 weeks.

Ohhh, a medical battle, this should be good.

Well, it would be if someone added hot candy stripers.

I will look but it may have been an article linked through HuskerMax stating that according to coaches Dennard was in week 5 of his predicted 8 weeks to heal...

IIRC, it was week 5 of the projected 6-8 weeks.

Ohhh, a medical battle, this should be good.

Well, it would be if someone added hot candy stripers.

Wat?

oh and Dennard is hurt, much worse than Bo is revealing.....at least he is consistent.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess we'll see him some this week and assuming the leg isn't bad on Sunday he starts next week.

I don't see it happening. Dennard's injury is supposed to take around four to six weeks to heal, and it will be one month tomorrow since he got injured. The necessity to bring Dennard out this weekend just isn't there, and not for Wyoming either.

I say keep him under wraps, get him to 100%, and then bring him out against our toughest opponent this year - Wisconsin. There's no need to bring him along yet. Even if we were to lose against Washington, it won't be because Dennard isn't out there, because we have too much else on the team for that to be the only reason for losing.

The educated guessers are saying it sounds like Mitchell might start in the secondary and a chance for Smith or Green at the nickel. Sounds like the guys up front are set and they like the corrections this week. Fish should have a chance a big week.

I just love the zero hesitation mode the coaches seem to be in for getting the best players on the field regardless of experience. Get the playmakers on the field!

GBR!!