Congratulations from a Bitter Husky Fan

I don't want to hear about the Huskies getting screwed on those kick-catch interference calls, when Nebraska got screwed out of two personal foul calls early in the game. One, where a Washington defender toppled onto Martinez when he was done and started viciously tearing at his helmet, and the second when a Washington player was shoving our player to the ground and doing a lot of extra-curricular activity. Both should have been penalties and neither were called.

Regardless, penalties are penalties and both teams always get screwed. I think both fans have a right to be a little upset right now.

The Catch Interference call hurt bad. It took the ball out of the Huskies hands. They were in position to run the clock down to where Nebraska had no time to do anything. That's a 10 point swing on that play right there.

The kick off muff hurt much worse and that's all on the Huskies. The Huskies weren't moving the ball well at that point in the game, so a FG still makes that another 10 point swing.

Being down by so much the Huskies went for it on 4th down and took another 3 off of the board. That's 23 points the Huskies left on the table.

Just how I see it.

that may be true, but that's not how football works. the dawgs still could have won. would it have been a different without that first interference call? maybe, but i still think the 'skers prevail because of their better talent. that halftime was just what the huskers needed.

Y'all are making too much of the 3 kick catch interference calls. The first one was a bad call but only technically. The ball hit the UW player first. Ball is dead when it hits his foot. Refs blew the call but had they gotten right, result would have been exact same. The pooch kick call was a good call. They have to give us opportunity to catch it. When UW drills our return guy at same time as catch, it may have been a bad call but at game speed I can almost understand ruling that hit was simultaneous to catch. Questonable? Maybe. Totally blown call? I don't think so.

• Fire 1

I don't want to hear about the Huskies getting screwed on those kick-catch interference calls, when Nebraska got screwed out of two personal foul calls early in the game. One, where a Washington defender toppled onto Martinez when he was done and started viciously tearing at his helmet, and the second when a Washington player was shoving our player to the ground and doing a lot of extra-curricular activity. Both should have been penalties and neither were called.

Regardless, penalties are penalties and both teams always get screwed. I think both fans have a right to be a little upset right now.

The Catch Interference call hurt bad. It took the ball out of the Huskies hands. They were in position to run the clock down to where Nebraska had no time to do anything. That's a 10 point swing on that play right there.

The kick off muff hurt much worse and that's all on the Huskies. The Huskies weren't moving the ball well at that point in the game, so a FG still makes that another 10 point swing.

Being down by so much the Huskies went for it on 4th down and took another 3 off of the board. That's 23 points the Huskies left on the table.

Just how I see it.

I understand your point, as it's the same way I'd see it if I were a Husky fan. But as a Husker fan, I'm seeing it from the Nebraska side. If we had gotten the first personal foul call, that's 15 yards and we have the ball around the 40. If we get the second, we push Washington all the way into the shadow of their goal posts.

Yours was a glaring penalty, no doubt, but as officiating is the least predictable part of a game, it's also the most illegitimate part to criticize. I think the third quarter is what really put Washington into trouble. If they had played better the other issues may not have been as glaring.

I didn't see those, probably was when I was reaching for the Kleen-x.

The officials were pretty bad, yes. You can't do revised scoring though, there's no way to know that. By your way of thinking, I could start naming all the BLATENT holding that didn't get called which would have negated at LEAST 14 points for the Huskies. Probably another 7 points for NU cause of extra possessions, bam, Nebraska blew you out 58-21. Sounds pretty retarded, doesn't it?

But again, the refs did obviously screw Washington, no doubting that.

Not to mention the short fields Washington gave the Huskers on the Onsides Kicks

Just how I see it.

Hold on now you can't say it was a 10 point swing. Could've have a turnover or might have only gotten a field goal....

Its impossible to say how different the game is if the calls go differently. Maybe we force a turnover, maybe you lose a bunch of yards on penalties, maybe, just maybe, we don't try to run 10 minutes off the clock in the 4th with purely running plays? Maybe we stay in our offense, of which, handled you easily in the 3rd, and if we didn't switch to our clock burning technique, I believe we would have kept rolling over the Husky D in the fourth since our focus wouldn't have changed to running out the clock. So, despite getting the shaft on [2] calls, you have no clue how it would have changed the outcome.

I hope this Big 10 officiating crew isn't indicative of

conference officiating.

Next it could be our turn to get hosed on BS calls.

The Big10 officials are great. I lived in Columbus and got to see a ton of Big10 games and this isn't how they normally are.

I certainly blame the Huskies for losing their composure, but given the circumstances, I probably would have too. Nebraska was smart to notice that and take advantage of them being mentally out of the game. Then they took the Huskies to the wood shed for the next 15 minutes. It was nearly over when the Huskies finally snapped out of it.

Man Price is a beast.. IMO he is better than Locker for your offense

If Locker had a ASJ (#88) and Kasen Williams this team would be 3 and 0.

I think you are way underselling Price here.

Locker was a very high pick obviously and a great individual talent with all-world potential. But Price is a talented quarterback in his own right and a warrior on the field for your team. Never quaked in fear, never gave up. He plays ballsy and he raises the level of play of his teammates. He is gonna take that team far, believe it!

Any Huskies fan has every right to be ticked off at those officials today. Those 'kick catch interference' calls that went against them were all horrid. Last one wouldn't have made a difference, but it was still the wrong call.

On the bright side, even on no knees, Keith Price looked like a keeper. If today is any indication, that kid has a VERY bright future ahead of him. Very, very impressed with him today.

why is that?

Any Huskies fan has every right to be ticked off at those officials today. Those 'kick catch interference' calls that went against them were all horrid. Last one wouldn't have made a difference, but it was still the wrong call.

On the bright side, even on no knees, Keith Price looked like a keeper. If today is any indication, that kid has a VERY bright future ahead of him. Very, very impressed with him today.

why is that?

I think what he's referring to is the lob kick on the first on-sides kick. On that play the ball wasn't kicked into the ground so there had to be given room to catch the ball which Kearse did not.