Do we have a prayer?

Not to say that I don't think we have a chance in the upcoming game, but I like our odds against Wisconsin in a rematch at the B1G Championship game a lot better. Both units, especially the offense, should be gelled by then, and will already have previous experience against Wisconsin. Also, the neutral field will help. Defensively, I'd be willing to bet that Pelini has been cooking up a unique scheme for this upcoming game against Wisconsin, hopefully we can execute it with Dennard back.

We need to come out strike first and have a very good opening defensive drive. A three-and-out would be amazing. And on the Husker crowd it was better where I was sitting last Saturday, but still too many people still sitting! I'm not sold on Wisconsin. I will be wearing black for the b******* for Wisconsin. Let's kick the $hit out of Wyoming first!

This is the kind of game where you really want to score first. Get the crowd to sit down a bit (just like the entire time at a Husker game) and try to take Wisconsin out of its game. A 10 point lead in a game like this will make things go very well for the Pelinis.

Exactly, and the worst possible thing we could do is allow a score on the opening kickoff (or opening drive) and let Wisconsin take charge.

See: tOSU last year, obviously. Opening kickoff for a TD, and after they got up 14-0 with that crowd and that environment, it was pretty much over.

Wisconsin is overrated

I don't see Wisconsin as overrated. I've thought we were overrated. I had us as Top 25 at the start of the season ... and would still have us there.

Wisky play the kind of game most honest Huskers would say we want to play. They keep replacing good OL each year and have a solid running game. Wilson has been more then solid. Has our defense played any QB with his athletic ability running and throwing accuracy. Nope. Look at what the Washington QB was able to do. Wilson is better ... and playing better.

If the status quo happens for both teams, Wisky wins this one rather easily ... without the Huskers being embarrassed ... just beat. However, if our D can cause some turnovers I can see us making this a game ... assuming our D shows up. I can see Wisky having 5-6 drives for TD's where we can't stop them and that's more where I'm leaning after watching our defense struggle this season to find itself.

This I do know, if put the ball on the carpet, have the penalties, etc, we will get blown out.

I'm thinking 24-45 ... a Badger win.

They do look great and we are playing at night at Camp Randall.

Doesn't make any difference day, night, or venue.. Remember how loud it got the first game against Washington last year? Damn near shaking the cameras off..

These players love being on the road and torching people in their own house.. The louder the better, doesn't matter who or where it is.

Don't mean to nitpick, but Camp Randall's atmosphere is way above and beyond Washington's

Husky Stadium has been recorded at 135 decibels. Louder than any other stadium in college football (it was against Nebraska btw). Not sure what's implied by atmosphere, but as far as crowd noise goes, Husky Stadium (when full) takes a back seat to nobody.

This is the kind of game where you really want to score first. Get the crowd to sit down a bit (just like the entire time at a Husker game) and try to take Wisconsin out of its game. A 10 point lead in a game like this will make things go very well for the Pelinis.

Exactly, and the worst possible thing we could do is allow a score on the opening kickoff (or opening drive) and let Wisconsin take charge.

See: tOSU last year, obviously. Opening kickoff for a TD, and after they got up 14-0 with that crowd and that environment, it was pretty much over.

I didn't see the their against tOSU until I watched a replay on BTN just before the season started, loving BTN, anyway I knew Wisc beat the Buckeyes but I wanted to see how they did it. It was definitely the KO return that did it for Wisc, however they played pretty well especially on defense, they were making things hard for Pryor.

Don't mean to nitpick, but Camp Randall's atmosphere is way above and beyond Washington's

I'm making a point that the team plays best on the road (As of recent years, lets see how they do saturday) but 80,000 people screaming is 80,000 people screaming, Bring the noise because they love it.

Everytime I hear about the schedule everybody says the same thing "They have to play here and here at this time and that time" So what? Thats the best part, New place new atmosphere, but another 80,000 doing the same thing as the last time.

I'm not sold on Wilson yet. Sorry, but to only be in a program for only what, 6, 7 weeks now. He is succeeding right now on pure talent advantage. Not just him, but his oline, receivers and backs as well. How is his lack of experience in the system gonna treat him when he has a defense in front of him or they into a dog fight.

Sam Keller looked pretty damn good his first few games too. Yes, he did not have any defense to back him up, but once he faced legitimate competition, the whole offense faultered because the chemistry just had no time to develop.

I see the entire B1G.....(I can't say big 10 because it defies logic) as even across the board with no true favorite.....All the teams have flaws, we haven't seen wisconsin's yet because they are playing pop warner teams....not saying NU is better but we will see how good they are once they play a team that hits back. The biggest worry I have is if Musberger and Herbstreit do the game....I can't remember the last time NU won a game that mushberger has done.

I see the entire B1G.....(I can't say big 10 because it defies logic) as even across the board with no true favorite.....All the teams have flaws, we haven't seen wisconsin's yet because they are playing pop warner teams....not saying NU is better but we will see how good they are once they play a team that hits back. The biggest worry I have is if Musberger and Herbstreit do the game....I can't remember the last time NU won a game that mushberger has done.

Wisconsin fans (and no doubt the coaches) can see many flaws. One of our starting cornerbacks has been lost for the season, for example.

Another is that our special teams have been only so-so for several years now.

Another is that the linebacking corps is very thin.

Starting offensive right tackle was hurt this week. He had gimpy knees to start with.

No proven third wide receiver yet, and neither of the first two has blazing speed.

No second pass catching tight end. Jacob Pedersen has been pretty good so far, but we're accustomed to having two proven guys. No second one in sight.

Huge drop off if Wilson gets hurt.

Still no interceptions and very few sacks on defense. Can't win big games that way.

I could go on.